Updates Recently Done By Airtime - Be Informed- 2.5.1-6
  • --2.5.1-6 Bug Fixes and Releases

2.5.1-6 has been released  ( I do not have all the upgrades but I will list them as I test and find them
    Changes

- malformed and error files fixed

I will try and keep an unofficial post of some of the releases I have found which I think is necessary before you do sudo apt-get upgrades
    If you had install  the original  2.5.0 release its time to do the upgrade, because there have been security upgrades and bug fixes approximately 4 revisions since 2.5.0. I have covered in a number of ways to check your versions,how to hold the version release and how to upgrade safely.

I know people will make stupid comment below about non major release proving an ignorance of software development.Please ignore  and follow my changes.I will try as much to include changes on Jplayer also.

Enjoy
    VOISSES  
    Post edited by Albert Santoni at 2015-01-21 12:30:47
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    2.5.1-6 to be precise ;-)
  • @AlbertFr
    Can we Get something like this in the form of a sticky.
    • Limit who can comment on it
    • Changes and bug fixes could be put there
    • or simple some notes.It would ease the anxiety amongst user

I know most people want features release (they like the new smell-like new computers etc.) but for me stability and reliability is key .

Am I an Going to Say This 1 million Times

"SOMEBODY NEEDS TO FOCUS ON LINKED SHOWS.IT BECOMES BLANK EVER SO OFTEN MONDAYS OR DEPENDS ON WHEN YOU SET THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

THIS IS A NICE REPLACEMENT FOR AUTODJ.BUT ITS 100% UNRELIABLE

I would prefer to roll down the road in an "old betsy" * that other people passing me with smoke coming out my radiator on the Highway.

*an old betsy is an old car and this statement is not meant to offend any seniors or woman name betsy.(just to be politically correct) .

VOISSES

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Or just Create an Heading and put in the forum column
    with only admin access

VOISSES
  • We have one for announcements.
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • It took a lot to get it working on 14.04, i'm afraid to update in that it might break it, now that it's working better. It seems like the update covers translations mostly.
  • Why use Trusty when Debian Wheezy just works??
  • where can we find what is in this upgrade/enhancement (releasenotes etc?) even a link to the relevant git (?) page would be handy...
    Alex The Engineer @ rtn VFRmedia - Ipswich, UK
    http://www.vfrmedia.co.uk
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert SantoniAlbert Santoni
    Hi Alex,
    2.5.1-6 was just some Debian packaging fixes, hence the -6. The changelog for that stuff should be included in the Debian package.

Edit: I've editing VOISSES' original post to reflect the correct version number and reduce confusion. Also, check out the 2.5.2 RC that we just posted. That has a ton of bugfixes to the core Airtime web application.
    Post edited by Albert Santoni at 2015-01-21 12:31:39
    Airtime Developer @ Sourcefabric
  • @albert

This https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/16208/airtime-2-5-1-released was great.
    If you could
    • Rename the title to airtime release and /or updates
    • Make it always appear at the top of the post
    • Only sourcefabric Team member can comment
    • Only  include updates,security update and releases 

but I notice even here https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/17208/airtime-2-5-2-rc1 where @Duncan explicitly and implicitly state the changes mostly about api,some one had to asked "Did silan issue fixed at ubuntu 14.04 ?" indicating that we are not reading and understanding.

So lock the suggested update post and lock it so tight "Air could hardly breath!" 

VOISSES