Installing Airtime 2.5.1
  • I am not a novice in terms of Linux. So I am struggling a bit. So is there anyone who could walk me through the process of installing Airtime 2.5.2 onto Ubuntu 14.10 Server?
  • 8 Comments sorted by
    • There is no Airtime 2.5.2. The Last revision is Airtime 2.5.1.4
    • Airtime is like an appliance put it on the most stable platform Ubuntu 14.04 Server.
    • Please also pay attention to information from the distro,that  XX.10 and non-LTS XX.04 for ubuntu are only supported for approximately 9mths.
    • I do not even think there is an Airtime repository for 14.10,its more showing of what is to come,you might get a 404 error

The instructions are quite clearer here for all LTS (11.04,12.04,14.04)

http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/automated-installation/

• You only need basic console skills (how to open terminal) and copy and paste the instructions
    • Could not be clear and like "spoon feed to a baby"

Here is my recipe for installation

• Read it 10 times (5 for scanning and 5 for Memory)
    • Take few shots of your favourite liquor
    • Look at the screen and start typing (if screen appears to move or fuzzy its normal)
    • Make sure you fall asleep at the desk by falling forward on the keyboard but before you fall asleep type sudo in the terminal screen(the sudo is like a karate chop)
    • All will be installed when you wake  =)) :-)) =)) =)) =)) :-))

GOOD LUCK
    VOISSES

Ps.Hope you do not follow my last recipe
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-12-10 09:41:16
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Do I have to replace any entries while using  Ubuntu 14.04.1 (Trusty Tahr (tahr)) server?

mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"">For an Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid server,
    find the lines which begin deb and end with lucid universe or lucid-updates
    universe
    , adding multiverse to the end of these lines, if it is not
    there already. Other versions of Ubuntu will have similar lines. The multiverse
    repository is required for the libmp3lame0 library, which is an MP3
    encoder. Later versions of Ubuntu, such as 12.04 Precise, have libmp3lame0
    in the universe repository.

• The RECOMMENDED is Ubuntu and Debian.
    Anything else you installed it on you will find you have less support from the community for that.

I long since give up an anything with RPM repository like Centos and FEDORA.too many unpredictables.

My first media center was Mythdora and when I move to Mythbuntu,I was singing.

I have bitter taste still in my mouth.

VOISSES
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Please Read the manual.There are usually local Linux community in various place in the world seek some help to take you out of the frustration.

This is not my Language but there is a common saying RTFM.

VOISSES
  • andrewparker@VarietyPlusRadio:~$ sudo apt-get install airtimeReading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package airtime
    andrewparker@VarietyPlusRadio:~$

• wget https://github.com/sourcefabric/Airtime/archive/airtime-2.5.1-ga.tar.gz

Then unzip the downloaded file in your home directory. This action will create a subdirectory called airtime-2.5.1:

tar -xvzf airtime-2.5.1-ga.tar.gz -C ~/
    wget https://github.com/sourcefabric/Airtime/archive/airtime-2.5.1-ga.tar.gz

andrewparker@VarietyPlusRadio:~$ sudo ~/airtime-2.5.1/install_full/ubuntu/airtime-full-install^C
    sudo: /home/andrewparker/airtime-2.5.1/install_full/ubuntu/airtime-full-install: command not found

• Andrew You Have Chosen the Hardest way

I said use this

http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/automated-installation/

Just turn change the word

• lucid  to be precise if you are installing on 12.04
    • lucid  to be Trusty if you are installing on 14.04

You have to run the commands separately if you chose the full manual way.

so each time you run a command you press enter.

The full manual way is for people who wants to make the installation in a custom way.

Its like when you install on windows ,you have the custom install or the recommend

US the Link I give You above.

VOISSES

• It is working now. I am onto configuring streaming part between Mixxx, SHOUTcast, and Airtime.