Unable to log in to admin dashboard in newscoop
  • I just installed nwscoop both with a template sample and without and neither install allows me to login as admin to get to the dashboard control center.

I added the rewite statement in the config file below the RewriteOn line and restarted apache2  no success also a2dis'd default sym link to default web site.

defined in hosts file as newscoop.hostname  any attempt to go to admin.php or /admin/ get directed to what appears to be public side of the installed template rather than the admin login page. HELP ! apache2 php5 mysql and ubuntu 14 server
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • UPDATE : here is error when I opt to install with no sample template selected:

"Error: The site alias 'newscoop.HOSTNAME' was not assigned to a
    publication. Please create a publication and assign it the current site
    alias."

I'd love to do what it suggests but can't get to admin login to do so.
  • Hi Andy,

Add your hostname to Publication's aliases in Publication settings in Newscoop admin panel.

Click "Edit aliases" and then "Add new alias". You can see on attached screenshot that my current hostname is newscoop43.dev. In your case it should be: newscoop.HOSTNAME

PS. Newscoop should automatically add your current hostname to Publication's aliases. Make sure your hostname is configured properly.