Can scheduled files be deleted?
  • There seems to be no way to delete files that are marked as scheduled, and after creating and inserting playlists almost all of the files are marked as scheduled.  How do you remove unwanted files from the Library?  Could you delete all the content from all the shows, then delete the unwanted files, then add back the content?  There has to be a way to delete files.
  • 12 Comments sorted by
  • Just click on the song and a box with "Delete" next to a garbage can will pop-up. You can delete the track(s) or folders via SFTP, too. You'll still need to manually comb through the playlists to remove dead links, unfortunately... :-((
  • When I do that it says that it cannot delete certain scheduled files. I cannot find any way to unschedule them so that they can be deleted.
  • I had this problem too : if you delete files they are/or were been scheduled they will be still in the library. And if you edit the metadata the result will be the same file in double entry...
    The only way is to wipe the calendar and maybe playout history :

sudo -u postgres psql airtime -c "delete from cc_show"
    sudo -u postgres psql airtime -c "delete from cc_playout_history"

By the way, how can we find these commands? I don't remember where i found them...
    And why they are not in the web ui ?
  • "By the way, how can we find these commands? I don't remember where i found them...
    And why they are not in the web ui ?" - agree there is some staff to be added to UI design for users' convenience.
    Cool unique iphone app design from UK company.
  • The problem seems to be that these 'commands' are or should be executed by the  GUI. It's when the json command  FAILS that this corruption seems to happen. I have noticed that sometimes when doing 'Delete this show instance and all following' - the Gui freezes. These are the shows & contents that bite me in the ass later.

Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-10-13 06:03:47
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Here you go, gentlemen (see attached file, the sourcefabric html escaping was not able to cope.
    Post edited by muhoo at 2014-10-18 20:26:43
  • Vote Up0Vote Down pachapacha
    Hello everyone,

I'm having this problem also, I can't delete songs that have been scheduled before (and not scheduled now). I don't know what to do with the file that muhoo posted... Can you help me ?

Thank you
    Hello, I still have this problem... :(
    Great, now with the command 

sudo -u postgres psql airtime -c "delete from cc_playout_history"

all the calendar disappeared !
  • Can I give a bump to this?

I'm seeing the same problem. I can log in through SSH and delete them by the terminal but I have people using it who have no Linux knowledge so I'm not going to give them access to the command line.

• The open source version is no longer being developed so don't hold your breath...
  • But maybe there is a trick ?