Airtime missing use of "Comments" ID3 tag
  • Airtime v2.5.1 is missing the use of the ID3 tag "Comment". It can't be shown as a column in the Libary or used as a search criteria either when creating a new block, why?

Is there any way to activate its use?

I rip using dBpoweramp and because "Genre" doesn't give enough resolution ("Mood" is not supported) to sorting my musik needs, using the "Comment" field does, ie. Genre = New Age, Comment = Electronic Instrumental.

Thanks in advance.

DC
    Post edited by David Coomber at 2014-10-12 08:40:41
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Hi, I use the "Conductor" field to do that. If you need more, you can use other fields such as "Copyright".

If you really need the "Comment" field, it must be possible modifying a file (maybe in /usr/share/airtime/public/js/airtime/library/ ?). I'm pretty sure anyone here is able to do that.
  • Thanks Quentin, thats one of the ways I was also thinking, to use another field but as you say, I could start looking at the code instead, I'll start looking where you said, maybe even the database! A code (or DB change) feels more correct though.

Anybody know exactly where to look/what to do in the code or, if necessary, the DB to make changes, to get a "Comment" ID-Tag field shown and be searchable on?

Thanks

DC
  • I've been looking into this now and have established that AT doesn't save anything from the "comment" ID3 Tag, during an Add Media, in the DataBase!

The field name in the DB is "Comments" (with an 's') also while looking through the code (in a lot a files) the tag is defined or used in a funtion, as "comment" (without the 's') and in a lot of other files with the 's' !?

In conclusion, this is a bug! The "Comment" tag data is not being saved as well as "Comment" is not found in any of the lists, to search on!

How do i raise a ticket or can somebody do it for me?

It would be good to get this fixed for the next version, as I need to used the "Comment" tag, not any other, as with 200-300 CDs to rip now, I want to put and use the information in the correct field!

Thanks
    DC
    Post edited by David Coomber at 2014-10-15 00:52:05