Begin of songs are cut
  • Airtime plays my jingles/songs with some ms in late. I've set the default cue in/out/crossfade duration to 0 but it does nothing. Here are the liquidsoap logs :

2014/08/02 16:00:00 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [decoder:3] Method "MAD" accepted "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/64.mp3".
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [stderr:3] TagLib: MPEG::Header::parse() -- Invalid sample rate.
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [stderr:3] TagLib: MPEG::Header::parse() -- Invalid sample rate.
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [lang:3] vars.show_name
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [s0:3] Prepared "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/64.mp3" (RID 0).
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [schedule_noise_switch:3] Switch to map_metadata_5594 with transition.
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [lang:3] transition called...
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [switch_5592:3] Switch to insert_metadata_5578.
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [cue_cut_5466:3] Cueing in...
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [cue_cut_5466:2] Could not seek to cue point!
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [amplify_5470:3] Overriding amplification: 0.572137.
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [lang:3] /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/notify.sh --media-id=51 &
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [lang:3] Using stream_format 0
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [stdout:3]
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [stdout:3] #########################################
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [stdout:3] #           *** pypo  ***               #
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [stdout:3] #     pypo notification gateway         #
    2014/08/02 16:00:00 [stdout:3] #########################################
    2014/08/02 16:04:24 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    2014/08/02 16:04:24 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    2014/08/02 16:04:25 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    2014/08/02 16:04:25 [decoder:3] Method "MAD" accepted "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/43.mp3".
    2014/08/02 16:04:25 [lang:3] vars.show_name
    2014/08/02 16:04:25 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    2014/08/02 16:04:25 [s0:3] Finished with "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/61.mp3".
    2014/08/02 16:04:25 [cue_cut_5466:3] End of track before cue-out point.
    2014/08/02 16:04:25 [amplify_5470:3] End of the current overriding.
    2014/08/02 16:04:25 [s0:3] Prepared "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/43.mp3" (RID 3).
    2014/08/02 16:04:25 [cue_cut_5466:3] Cueing in...
    2014/08/02 16:04:25 [amplify_5470:3] Overriding amplification: 0.403181.
    2014/08/02 16:04:25 [lang:3] /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/notify.sh --media-id=54 &
    2014/08/02 16:04:25 [lang:3] Using stream_format 0
    2014/08/02 16:04:25 [stdout:3]
    2014/08/02 16:04:25 [stdout:3] #########################################
    2014/08/02 16:04:25 [stdout:3] #           *** pypo  ***               #
    2014/08/02 16:04:25 [stdout:3] #     pypo notification gateway         #
    2014/08/02 16:04:25 [stdout:3] #########################################

• 15 Comments sorted by
  • try putting either a 12 to 15 sec silent jingle or station id before the actual jingle and let us know

I always tell people its not a good idea to modify the  liquidsoap library script,you just compound your  problem when upgrades,its best you have additive than intrusive changes.

your problem can be solve by a strategy  and if you find a bug to the script then do file it.
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • I haven't modified the liquidsoap script, the cue options are in Airtime settings in the web interface. The workaround i'm testing is to add 100 or 200 ms at the begin of the tracks.
  • I can confirm Quentin's findings.
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Invalid sample rate...?

My guess is that the duration calculator is off. I found that reducing the fade-in/out and crossover times to 0.0 is a simple workaround for now.

YMMV, void where prohibited.
  • The first part of the question  suggested that @Quentin Divay  tested both your recommendations and it did not work.It reads

"I've set the default cue in/out/crossfade duration to 0 but it does nothing"

Rather than get too technical,if you all notice that the major stations will schedule a slight silence before any spots,promo,beds or jingles and all programs will end like 2-3 minutes b4 the real end.

Let say John Brown comedy show is advertise as from 10pm-12pm. The actual shows might end 11:57 a short brief then the station takes over.

If you search amongst the Airtime files you will find a silent 30s OGG ( many others are there too)

Crossfades are actually for smooth transitions between tracks,changing the value to zero will not result in a break in a track (which you want) to introduce a new track.

You would also have to change the default airtime crossfade which interprets when to crossfade.The slide or values gives you addition to that default in case you assess you need more than the value

Correct programming here is the problem especially as it relates to scheduling via the calendar

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-08-06 01:24:25
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Except "crossfading is beyond broken" -- Albert Santoni

https://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CC-5566

:-S
  • And another thing... there's absolutely no good reason to start/end a track with a global default. Even something as short as 0.5 seconds will mess with a decent amount of modern tracks. Eliminating silence is indeed a noble goal, but silan doesn't always work well either for that matter.

• Except "crossfading is beyond broken" -- Albert Santoni

https://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CC-5566

:-S

By now Albert suppose to realise that there is an initial built in crossfade in the script that works with the schedule and calendar and an additional crossfade for tweaking purpose (that if not properly done will mess up things).

Hope also we all realised that many of the post suggest that Airtime is so broken,you would not want to use it,even when its user related (like a broken packages).

And another thing... there's absolutely no good reason to start/end a track with a global default. Even something as short as 0.5 seconds will mess with a decent amount of modern tracks. Eliminating silence is indeed a noble goal, but silan doesn't always work well either for that matter.

Silence is an inevitable part of any audio work.Eliminating it  is a fruitless task.
    This is why there are silence detection which you tweak to beautiful uses.

At the station if the Audio drops to -30db for 15sec ,the autoplaylist is  trigger.
    This prevents "Dead Air"

In Classic Music Genre, Silence is a part of the tracks,after all I think one of the world renown composer was hearing impaired and only move with the beats.

We Have to manage silence not eliminate it,and it was this "Dead Silence" with Airtime that brought me to this forum.
    I have conquer it and share the knowledge here in the forum and anybody fool-heartedly have not heed,is bondish to a life of complains about Airtime,not having jingles,adverts,and this and that.

I am off to sleeeeeeeeep.
    Have a great Like
    Voisses
    I am hearing them now
    =))
  • You. I like you. :x
  • Thanks all for your answers. But, have you a solution to force liquidsoap not to cut tracks which have a 0.0s cue in?

I give you this track from Bo Diddley to try
    Put it in Airtime and you'll ear that the begin is cut.

EDIT: mediafire removed the track.
    Post edited by Quentin Divay at 2014-08-10 18:05:21
  • I use rivendell as my play out and I have many macro such as a fade down or mute for the satellite in,I have to implement say a sleep 10s to fire the jingle,I say that to say this every software have these cue issues an so it use the crossfade (which is a type of smooth transitions) to bring in tracks,if you want a dead start you have to put some thing like a silence to make it that way. or use something like audacity to put in a fade in or silence on the track.

Sorry I cannot down load track from other sites

Good luck
  • OK, but I'll not edit all tracks it's not a real solution.
    Anyway if I play a track using liquidsoap (without airtime) it works perfectly (see http://savonet.sourceforge.net/doc-svn/quick_start.html)

So the issue seems to be in airtime.
    Is there no solution? Even by modify the ls_script?
  • Quentin -- what is the sample rate of your files? Are they all the same rate? How are they sourced? Which encoder are you using? Are you mixing codecs? Can't download your Mediafire file as it's likely been flagged for ©

You've disabled your crossfade and fade-in/out times -- have you restarted the server and re-built your playlist(s)?
  • look at about 2m.30s inside this video if it can help.
    and remember if you use chrome browser you can set the cue cut.

http://www.sourcefabric.org/en/resources/screencasts/?page=6
    Introducing Airtime 1.6

A tour through Airtime features for radio scheduling and remote station management.

Author:Micz Flor

• @Roger : All my jingles are MP3 192k CBR, 44.1KHz. All my music is MP3, not all the same bitrate but at 44.1KHz. And I already restarted and rebuilt programs.

@Voisses : With your solution Airtime still cuts the begin at 130ms. Using Smart blocks I measured more than 500ms. I mainly use smart blocks.

The auto-cue from silan is a very useful function, and i don't think the problem came from that. I think it's from airtime-playout and/or liquidsoap.

By the way what means [decoder:3] Method "MAD" accepted ?