Problem installing on Linux 14.04
  • .2:0.0.0.0.0">Hi, making my 1st AIrtime install on Ubuntu 14.04 however! http://apt.sourcefabric.org/dists/trusty/main/binary-amd64/Packages does not contain the info for Airtime .. seems ok for all other dists.
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Airtime 2.5.1 does not install correctly on 14.04 - it works on 12.04.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    +1
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Any good reason(s) to use Ubuntu over Debian these days?
  • @Roger Wilco - As far as Airtime goes, both are equally good. If you want a user system, Ubuntu has more features geared toward the home user. That ease of use comes with a cost: stability. Ubuntu needs more patches and the plethora of available software guarantees a correspondingly large bug base. Ubuntu is also noticeably slower because of all the features installed by default. My recommendation depends on how you use the system. If you are a power user, or require the greater stability and every last bit of performance, then Debian is a better choice. If you are a home user and need a basic computer for word processing, spreadsheets, playing music, watching videos, etc., then I recommend Ubuntu.
    Post edited by Wade Eilrich at 2014-07-02 13:08:28
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

Any good reason(s) to use Ubuntu over Debian these days?

Not really! I just use it personally.

But I'm really bored of people having issues installing airtime on fresher releases than ubuntu precise or debian wheezy

Just use recommended OS http://www.sourcefabric.org/en/airtime/download/ and install according this tutorial and use php5.4

Post edited by hoerich at 2014-07-03 03:51:14
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Wheezy's da bomb dot com yo, fo shizzy  ^:)^