Offer airtime for free?
  • Hello, I was wondering if I offer "shoutcast hosting" can i offer airtime as a added FREE bonus to my customers?
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • Hey bro, why would you build a business around reselling a zombie protocol with literally zero future?   :-/
  • Zombie protocol? How so? Are you referring to the staleness of shoutcast's updates? If so, shoutcast was JUST updated.
  • It is most certainly a zombie protocol. That 2.0 update is a mess. And it's still closed source! The only compelling reason to use SC was the old YP. AOL ruined that years ago. Unless Radionomy has a solid plan to not just match but BEAT TuneIn, the directory will continue to be a major fail. You can disagree but it's the hard truth.
  • Icecast than?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

Hello, I was wondering if I offer "shoutcast hosting" can i offer airtime as a added FREE bonus to my customers?

afaik, yes! ask daniel james or micz flor for more details.
    and yes, IMHO you should use icecast instead of shoutcast!
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • IMNHO you should use icecast instead of shoutcast!
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-07-01 18:34:35
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.