Programm Monthly problem
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BachicBachic
    Hello,
    I have a proble with my programm schedule I build
    Most programs are weekly, on it no problem, I could put a recurrence every week for each issue.
    Today I wanted to join a program taking place once a month (on the first Tuesday of each month to be more precise). 
    So I deleted an existing niche and all its instances. The field is totally free ( and accept a programm weekly)
    When I try to integrate the new monthly program, it does not work.
    Airtime told me that two programs can not overlap. Yet it does not overlap any other program. It happens that I tick "of the month" or "day of the week." I even tried to put an end date to see, it does not work too. 
    However, if I said that the show takes place every 4 weeks, airtime does not object at all to the creation of the show, but it does not match "every first Tuesday of the month."

There is any solution ?

thank you in advance
    Post edited by Bachic at 2014-06-19 07:49:09
  • 13 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    try to add the show including an "end date" in f.e. 6months and see what happens
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
    Thx Hoerich, it's still the same problem "two programs can not overlap."
  • I find that sometimes (no idea why) when I delete a repeating show - a show in the far future is 'orphaned'.
    Hoerick is on the right track, I think. I get this once a week -ish.
    As Hoerick said, set and end date of say 6 months
    if it fails - try 3 months. If that worked there is a show somewhere between 3 months and 6 months.
    You can reduce the end date by weekly until it works. The bad show will be in the following week.

No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
    Thx John, 
    I tried with 6 months or less. Airtime accept just when I put an end date in the same month that I want to start broadcasting: for example the first Tuesday of the month of July with an end date of July 31.... If i put August, it doesnt work... Not pratical...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    is the shows scheduled around midnight? f.e. every 1st sunday 11pm to 1am
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • If I run a show THROUGH midnight station time i get wierdness - so i never do it. If that helps

Show is every 1st monday 9pm to 10pm.... I tried several different shift schedules, but it was not conclusive... still the same....

Post edited by Bachic at 2014-06-25 04:22:29
  • what is your airtime's timezone?

Paris/Europe
    I've tried UTC
    Post edited by Bachic at 2014-06-26 08:58:24
  • Looks like one of the clocks is on UTC. There are more than one.
  • More than one clock?
  • Hardware Clock, Linux Clock (no its not the same as Hardware Clock, but can be made to be), Airtime Clock and Airtime User Clock. All can have different offsets and timezones. I set them ALL to UTC. My problems disappeared.
    For the front-end schedule display, I recalc that from UTC to the user's browser timezone in Javascript.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-07-05 20:42:37
  • Well shoot! I thought Airtime used the hardware clock regardless of user. Maybe you're on to something?  :-?