Airtime goes on air for 8 seconds when a song starts then goes off air
  • Installed airtime and it was streaming fine for about 30 or 45 minutes. The song that was playing ended and the next one started then about 10 seconds after the song started airtime went off air. Now every time a song starts it goes on air for 8 to 10 seconds and then goes off air. I need some help troubleshooting this issue. I haven't found anything in the forum like this. Just let me know what you need.

Thanks,

Tony

• 11 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Hi Tony,
    it looks like any of the relevant services is not running.
    Have a look at Airtime => System => Status when Dead-Air appears, to see if this is the case.
    You can also check the status of services via commandline:

sudo service airtime-playout status
    sudo service airtime-liquidsoap status
    sudo service airtime-media-monitor status

and restart (one of) them

f.e. sudo service airtime-playout restart

also do "sudo airtime-check-system" while having Dead-Air and post here.
    and try to save your logs into a tarball via "sudo airtime-log --dump".

cheers, hoerich
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • I noticed in one of the logs that there were a lot of entries about locale. I couldn't find exactly what the problem was so I just wiped the machine and started over. Reinstalled Ubuntu and Airtime. Now everything appears to be working fine. It has been up for 3 days now.

Thanks,

Tony

• Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    good to hear!
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • I wonder if there was actually a solution other than "reinstall" for this as I've now got this happening. A new track starts and the "on air" light comes on for a few seconds before turning off again. All services are running (and have been individually restarted now).

It goes "off" at the same time as the "Next:" schedule item display is updated and the now playing log resyncs to the current item.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Ken

airtime-check-system
    AIRTIME_STATUS_URL             = 
    AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = 3.11.0-20-generic
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = x86_64
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = 8149400
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = 93180
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = 2.5.1
    OS                             = Ubuntu 13.10 x86_64
    CPU                            = Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31220 @ 3.10GHz
    WEB_SERVER                     = Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = 10182
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 117
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 0.1%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0.0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = 10273
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 97
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 0.3%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 1.9%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = 6828
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 2416
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 0.6%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0.0%
    -- Your installation of Airtime looks OK!

Post edited by Ken Rayner at 2014-06-16 19:00:53
  • I've now tried to backup the database and put it on another Airtime install - the problem follows the database. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? Airtime is completely useless to us at the moment if it can't play audio...
  • It would be really nice if there was someone representative of the software in some way that might just say "hey, you know what - we've no idea why that's happening" at the very least. I appreciate it's open source, 'free' and we don't pay anything for support but I would have thought it in the best interests of the product to respond in some way at the very least.
  • More - my pypo.log file is being recreated every 40 minutes and is full of:

2014-06-18 10:17:52,772 DEBUG - [api_client.py : __call__() : line 134] - http://Impishfish005:80/api/schedule/api_key/E6L1TL2J2YUE5KFAGO48
    2014-06-18 10:17:52,958 DEBUG - [api_client.py : __call__() : line 134] - http://Impishfish005:80/api/schedule/api_key/E6L1TL2J2YUE5KFAGO48
    2014-06-18 10:17:53,105 DEBUG - [api_client.py : __call__() : line 134] - http://Impishfish005:80/api/schedule/api_key/E6L1TL2J2YUE5KFAGO48
    2014-06-18 10:17:53,220 INFO - [pypofetch.py : main() : line 559] - Loop #118229
    2014-06-18 10:17:53,220 INFO - [pypofetch.py : main() : line 579] - Queue timeout. Fetching schedule manually

Is that giving any clues? Please, I really need help here.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    Version 2.5.1 contains some calendar bug can cause this kind of problems.  The coming 2.5.2 will fix it. It should be soon.
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
  • OK, thanks - at least I know I'm wasting time trying to fix it now then!
  • Actually, now I know that... I've got around it a little by using pgAdmin:

1. Run a backup of the database
    2. Import the cc_schedule table into a CSV - remove historical entries and purge anything that looks odd (a few fields with \n in the file_id field were in my table, for example)
    3. Run a "delete from cc_schedule" (careful with that, make sure you have a backup if you want to keep your schedule!)
    4. Import parts of the CSV using pgAdmin. It seems I can import them in blocks and so far, so good.

Looking forward to 2.5.2.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    be soon available...
    It's said quickly ;-)