SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'LanguageOrder' in 'field list'
  • Hi, I am getting the error SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'LanguageOrder' in 'field list' after upgrading to the most recent newscoop version when I try changing article status from published to "submitted" and wanted to know if adding a new mysql database column called 'LanguageOrder' will fix this or if I have to populate it with any data.

I had to use the updated upgrade.php script with the fix for the error that says you have custom changes in your configuration file when I upgraded and think other mysql columns may be missing since there are so many errors I cannot use the website (errors with memcache, zend and the "polls" module and many others).

So if I try running the upgrade script again or maybe unpacking fresh files over the existing ones and then running it again, can that fix things?! Thanks.
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • I noticed I have the same problem. Upgraded 4.1.2 -> 4.2.1. I copied one issue to a new one and it copied nicely but every time I try to edit something it saves this error to log:

Full(ish) error:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'LanguageOrder' in 'field list'' in /vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php:758\nStack trace:\n#0 /vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(758): PDO->exec('UPDATE Issues S...')\n#1 /library/Newscoop/Doctrine/AdoDbAdapter.php(77): Doctrine\\DBAL\\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE Issues S...')\n#2 /classes/DatabaseObject.php(796): Newscoop\\Doctrine\\AdoDbAdapter->executeUpdate('UPDATE Issues S...')\n#3 /admin-files/issues/do_edit.php(126): DatabaseObject->commit()\n#4 /application/modules/admin/controllers/LegacyController.p in /vendor/bombayworks/zendframework1/library/Zend/Controller/Plugin/Broker.php on line 336, referer: /admin/issues/edit.php?Pub=3&Issue=3&Language=27

Post edited by Matias Mäki at 2014-03-23 18:10:34
  • I simple add a column LanguageOrder (INT), and the problem solved. This is a workaround. The bug is inside Article model, not solwed yet.