Add content in playing, linked show
  • hi!

I'm trying to setup a station using airtime (instead of the actual mpd setup), everything seems ok but I'm facing a little problem I hope someone will help me to solve.

actually, there's a demo show playing 24/24 with some tracks in it, it's a 24h, linked show repeating every day just to start using it and let me and my friends learn the system.

I've loaded this linked show hoping to be able to change the content on the fly and let the changes reflect on the future shows but when I try to modify the playing show the system says: "Content in linked shows must be scheduled before or after any one is broadcasted".

there's any way to modify the content on the running show if it's a linked one? I really need this feature or I have to start re-using mpd (using it as master streaming source if there's a way to do it).

thank you very much
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • No. The current linked Show Content table in postgres is locked during playout.

No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Thank you for your reply John.

I've seen some posts about the same problem but I still can't figure out how to solve the problem, do you have any advice on it?

There's a way to unlink the running show to modify it on the fly?

• Not that i can see apart from cancelling the show. The list is locked while the show is playing.
    You could of course stream from another machine and change the play list. EG from VLC
  • If its a live show - why not use mixx or similar to do the music shuffle stuff and stream it in?

• hi!

I'm trying to setup a station using airtime (instead of the actual mpd setup), everything seems ok but I'm facing a little problem I hope someone will help me to solve.

actually, there's a demo show playing 24/24 with some tracks in it, it's a 24h, linked show repeating every day just to start using it and let me and my friends learn the system.

I've loaded this linked show hoping to be able to change the content on the fly and let the changes reflect on the future shows but when I try to modify the playing show the system says: "Content in linked shows must be scheduled before or after any one is broadcasted".

there's any way to modify the content on the running show if it's a linked one? I really need this feature or I have to start re-using mpd (using it as master streaming source if there's a way to do it).

thank you very much

You have to end/delete  the current show instance that is linked then recreate another show

• Lets say you have a show that is linked to run at 10:00am to 12:00 pm
    • At say 10:45am you decide you want to change the show or its content
    • Then go ahead delete/end the show instance and set up another show at say 10:47 to 12:00pm.I say 10:47 because you need to take in consideration that the time must be after the current time,so use like 10:48 or whatever,providing its not in the past or overlaps other shows
    • This show should not be linked/repeat as that will coincide with other already set schedules.

Now what you need.

You need to either have

• a backup file in your icecast directory
    • or
    • A modified script with autodj

This can just be a set of jingles, beds,promo,spot or drops

This ensure your listener will hear a smooth transition

There's is only one problem I do not like with linked shows,I had hope you could say delete at 10:50 and then you could put in time slot and create the new show thereafter

Good luck

Voisses

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.