Installing testing themes
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrei S.Andrei S.
    I have installed Newscoop 4.2.3 on VPS without testing themes.
    I wanna try any theme from http://www.sourcefabric.org/en/newscoop/theme/ with testing records. How to install theme from zip-archive?
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • I recommended to you re-install Newscoop again with demo publication, it is needed because demo theme is using specific article types, publication etc. Choose some of basic theme and after it.

Than made this steps:
    1) go to back-end: Configure -> Themes
    2) button "Import theme" (this wants zip file)
    3) go to theme and Action -> Add to publication
    4) go to Content and find issues.. and set added theme
    5) restart Apache

and it is done :-)

• If you're using Debian or Ubuntu, you can install the sample site like this: 
    sudo apt-get install newscoop-sample-data
  • 4) go to Content and find issues.. and set added

Specify where it is (find issues)? To set for each issue?
    Post edited by Andrei S. at 2014-06-04 07:38:09
  • I have message:
    Error: Unable to select a template! Please make sure the following conditions are met: •there is at least one issue published and it had assigned valid templates for the front, section and article pages;
    •a template was assigned for the URL error handling in the publication configuration screen.

• In the Content menu, your publication should be at the bottom. If you click on it, you will see the issues of that publication. Click on the Configure icon next to the current issue. There should be a list of all the themes assigned to this publication in the dropdown for Issue Theme. Click on one of those and click Save. 
  • I done it and now I have message
    Error: Unable to select a template! Please make sure the following conditions are met:
    there is at least one issue published and it had assigned valid templates for the front, section and article pages;
    a template was assigned for the URL error handling in the publication configuration screen.
    Post edited by Andrei S. at 2014-06-04 08:39:18