How can I install Airtime on Ubuntu 14.04?
  • I noticed the Trusty repository is not listed here: http://apt.sourcefabric.org/dists/
    Can Airtime be installed on Ubuntu 14.04? I tried editing the /etc/apt/sources.list file by adding deb http://apt.sourcefabric.org/ saucy main but it didn't help.

Regards / Horia
  • 19 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    It's not supported yet, I havn't tried to deploy Airtime in 14.04. Official apt-get repo won't be updated until solid test. But it shouldn't be hard by installing it with source code, small updates for installation script may be required. 
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
  • Any movement on this?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Voisses TechVoisses Tech
    Virtual hosting also change in trusty 14.04 so make sure you are familiar with it.

I would Wait

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down ericherich
    trusty is now there:  http://apt.sourcefabric.org/dists/trusty/

will give it a try...
    Post edited by erich at 2014-05-14 06:02:30
    first step of the easy-setup procedure went well,
    but invoking the final installation-process resulted in an error message,
    stating that the paket airtime could not be found:

any idea whats going wrong?

Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
    E: Paket airtime kann nicht gefunden werden.
    Post edited by erich at 2014-05-16 10:13:19
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    Trusty is not supported yet, but ticket is already created.
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
    Thanks!
    So at the moment there's only the directory trusty created on sourcefabric.org, 
    but airtime is not included in the respective subdirectories "packages". 
    Post edited by erich at 2014-05-16 15:11:35
  • I have 2 airtime servers running on Ubuntu 14.04, vps enviroment.

I had a couple issues along the way but nothing that couldn't be fixed with a few google searches.

They appear to be working great, until I went to use the "Add Media" feature.  I cannot add any content.
    From what I found something about 14.04 using PHP 5.5 and  Airtime 2.5 not supporting it. but 2.6 will.

Anyone know a way I can fix the "Add Media" function, I have a hand full of DJ that just upload their content instead of going live.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    As Cliff said : You can't for the moment...
  • I'm running Airtime on Trusty, some problem but is possible to solve it.
    Try to set the repository source to saucy this tricks work for me
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    this is not recommended, wait for the 2.5.2 
  • I am running on Trusty as well, not by choice, but this was the VPS that was given to me to admin :<. 

* Work around was to clone the airtime repo from github
    * then re-run the virtualenv-install.sh script from Airtime/python_apps/python-virtualenv.
    * Restart your airtime-{playout,media-monitor,liquidsoap) daemons

Regarding the virtualenv. There was a conflict with the IO module (_io import). This seems to have resolved things.

• Jesse, thanks for the tips.  I followed the instructions but after I restart daemons airtime-liquidsoap isn't running.

I've  been restarting with invoke-rc.d as in the manual.  Is that correct?  I've been using start-with-monit and restart-with-monit.

e.g invoke-rc.d airtime-liquidsoap restart-with-monit  (Well, start because liquidsoap isn't running. restart for others)

(I've also tried without monit, and using service command).

I installed using apt-get, with repository added to /etc/apt/sources.list.  I used trusty.  Would I have more luck with saucy?

Any suggestions?

Output of airtime-check-system follows below and I have uploaded the tail end of /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log.

Thanks for any help.

I initially started on 14.04 but after hitting hurdles I dropped to 12.04 and got everything running (after a few hiccups.)  I still have that running on a virtual server.  I would rather get 14.04 running to have a more recent distro so everything else is up to date.

# airtime-check-system

AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = 3.13.0-36-generic
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = x86_64
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = 501820
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = 0
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = 2.5.1
    OS                             = Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS x86_64
    CPU                            = Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630L v2 @ 2.40GHz
    WEB_SERVER                     = Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = 6041
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 2248
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 3.4%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0.9%
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = FAILED
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 0
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 0%
    -- Displaying log file /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log
    -- 2014/12/18 08:08:43 [stdout:3] #########################################
    -- 2014/12/18 08:08:44 [threads:3] Thread "http polling" terminated (0 remaining).
    -- 2014/12/18 08:08:44 [main:3] Cleaning downloaded files...
    -- 2014/12/18 08:08:44 [main:3] Freeing memory...
    -- 2014/12/18 08:08:44 >>> LOG END
    --
    --
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = 5896
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 2250
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 3.2%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0.0%
    -- There appears to be a problem with your Airtime installation.

• Hello! This OS isn't supported yet and trying to force it isn't a solution. Wait for the dev team to work their magic. And switch to Debian 7 anyway.
  • 14.04 is now safe to install,
    My desktop play-out  which power the tunein-api is  run on it for the past week ar so without hitch.
    Here are my take on it

do number 1, if you upgrade (not Recommended)
    do number 2 a clean install
    If you have issues post it there and or create your own post or thread on the issues you have and  I will answer you.

This is an old post
    https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/17109/what-problems-are-you-having-with-installing-on-trusty

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Thanks Voisses.  Great to have the up-to-date information.  I'm still having problems but I will switch to that thread.

Post edited by Catcher Rye at 2014-12-19 21:48:53
  • Kudos!
  • hello friends i have run 3 airtime servers i always need new vpn for each new radio like http://www.toofaniradio.com  ielts exam and many other educational purpose is their any solution to run more then 3 airtimes on one server plzhelp me airtime for ielts exam very important fo me 
    Post edited by manpreet singh at 2017-05-06 03:16:05
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Voisses TechVoisses Tech
    Airtime in my opinion is basically three components
    • The Interface  - where all the inputs are entered - ZendFramework - like a CMS
    • The Engine core - who process all the request and send to the Outputs - Liquidsoap
    • The Outputs     - The servers - Shoutcast/Icecast\Peercast/Freecast/Multicast

The interface can only do one way communication to the engine and outputs.

So here are the options on say

I do my interfaces like this

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/17831/ever-want-to-build-your-own-test-container-and-pimp-the-ui-another-in-101-series

Then I send the channels to the core and use a n if blocks to tell the engine liquidsoap what to do. remember multiple script of liquidsoap can run on one machine

• Three Airtime Pro Servers ( $50US per month budget)
    • Three Local Interface ( you can use virtuallization )  or send  to Three servers  on a local  lowcost equipment like the Pi (one 0ff cost)
    • If you are skilfully enough you can  modify the core and set up any amount of channels you want>this is what I currently do see this post http://savonet.sourceforge.net/doc-svn/radiopi.html
      # Basic source
      jazz = channel_radiopilote("jazz")
      discoqueen = channel_radiopilote("discoqueen")
      # Avoid skiping blank with classic music !!
      classique = channel_radiopilote(skip=false,"classique")
      That70Sound = channel_radiopilote("That70Sound")
      metal = channel_radiopilote("metal")
      reggae = channel_radiopilote("reggae")
      Rock = channel_radiopilote("Rock")

look also at pound or nginx 

look at this also

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/17831/ever-want-to-build-your-own-test-container-and-pimp-the-ui-another-in-101-series

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2017-05-10 19:31:38