allow duplicated articles in same section
  • Vote Up0Vote Down mariamaria
    hii all, i need to allow duplicated articles in same section ,is that possible?
    thanks
  • 6 Comments sorted by
    2 articles with the same title
  • No, they need to be in different sections or have different titles.

Why not add something to one of the titles to be able to tell them apart. It would be very confusing for your visitors if they want to find an article and there are two identical links that lead to different articles.
    Dear sebastian , in my case i will have about 50 new articles every day for the same section which may have an existing article with the same title, like having an article with "top 10 songs" title, and i should post similar one every few days,

• In that case, I would suggest that you make a new issue every day. 

The primary focus of the Newscoop software is news websites. You are free to use it for anything, but sometimes Newscoop's features for newspapers may conflict with your interests. Using a more generic CMS might work better for you. 

Two articles in the same section of the same issue can't have the same title, but it's OK to have similar titles as long as they are not identical. 
    thank you Sebastian for the clarification,
    but what I found in newscoop, article is identified with its ID and not the title, starting with news listing , and articles links, even in database, which means everything should work normally without the unique title in sections.
    please correct me if i am wrong
    Regards :)
  • Yes, it is technically possible if you make some changes in the code. The reason it doesn't work that way is because most Newscoop users, including its programmers, think it's better this way. For an editor with lots of articles to publish, it's convenient to be stopped from accidentally making a duplicate. Most journalists have no problem coming up with a different article title when necessary.