How about AD blocks, jingles and playlist import
  • Hi everybody, Airtime makes better and better in every new release, thank you for this. I have some proposal for Airtime functionality

• How about advertisement blocks, for example different calendar .. where you can setup it .. and this event have high priority and fade out any show and playlist, when it need?
    • How about jingles .. that can play above track with selected time range. For example 1 random jingle every 5 minutes.
    • And how about playlist import and export :) 

Thank you
    www.kissfm.ua
  • 20 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Albert SantoniAlbert Santoni
    Hey Krypton, 2.5 was in the works for a few months and these features you're asking for are pretty major, easily months of man-work. I wish we could add them overnight! :) That said, I think you're right on about ad blocks and jingles, and I hope to have something to say about that and our roadmap soon. So stay tuned...
    Airtime Developer @ Sourcefabric
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Thanks for the tip :-)

It should be possible to use the Master Source to insert ads as required, overriding any Show Source that is connected. However this may not be appropriate for speech radio if an ad starts half-way through a sentence. In that case it would be better to schedule some filler material during the ad break, so that the presenter knows not to talk during that segment.

Cheers!

Daniel
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Hi Evgeniy,

this would all be useful features.
    Some of them are already requested on the bug tracker http://dev.sourcefabric.org
    You can vote for appropriate tickets or create new on if not existing.

Cheers
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Thank you very much
    www.kissfm.ua
  • I just posted a few thoughts on the dev bug tracker on this very subject. Definitely much needed feature.

Here is the link:

Thanks,
    -Lee

• Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    you can do that with a modified ls_script?liq (see on this forum)
    or wait for the next version of Airtime (normally 2.5) who will include normally this feature
  • I see a way how to do this with setting up different playlist (ad blocks,Jingles,sweepers,beds ,traffic and other carts) in the library,then called them through a liquidsoap function [def.......end] in the ls_script.

Only thing the CPU utilization and memory usage  is high so i am still working on it
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Version 2.5 has arrived, and alas, this feature isn't in it.
  • Albert: those "features" were asked for already for years.
    who voted for the "Playout History"? For how long?
    A playout history which is useless as you MUST use the ls_script.liq functionality if you want to do some basic things (which isn't visible in the playout history at all!)
    So what's the purpose of creating 'enhance requests' & voting, as it's completely being ignored.
    Playout History
    Schelstraete Bart - http://www.contact-dance.com
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

Bart said:

Albert: those "features" were asked for already for years.
    who voted for the "Playout History"? For how long?
    A playout history which is useless as you MUST use the ls_script.liq functionality if you want to do some basic things (which isn't visible in the playout history at all!)
    So what's the purpose of creating 'enhance requests' & voting, as it's completely being ignored.

Playout History
    there are a lot of pro- & local-users demanding this.
    since royalties are dictated in most of the countries, this is really important.
    And besides the votes at bug-tracker, there also exist pro-users requesting features in another way.
    But, I agree, the Roadmap has to be more clearly expressed!
    cheers
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • ok, but as most people must use the 'ls_script' modifications , then this is useless.

and to be honest...creating a report on this is done very easily outside airtime. (like I'm also doing)
    Schelstraete Bart - http://www.contact-dance.com
  • Love the bug fixes in the new version. Logging is one of the most important features. Though because of the lack of ad support those are inserted externaly so indeed the log file will not show them. 

The issue about ads ( which is the only way to make a workable radio station ) has been up since ticket [cc-105] which is dated 21 December 2004 ! So its around 9 years later without being implemented. The ticket [CC-1921] has been voted second highest as requested feature. So why is it being ignored as important ?

To make a financial solid radio station this feature can't be lacking from the software Airtime has become. Its a great piece of software but it really needs ads so we can show our advertisers when and how there ads are played. 

Post edited by radioa6 at 2013-11-13 05:41:19
  • I hope people will look at this and see it for what its worth.People first complaint then comply.
    Yes this would be nice to have a button say addbloc etc but Can Airtime do ads block ?

YES resoundingly

Dealing with station Breaks. and TOH.

I select the top of the Hour to do my station break and called it TOH will create a simple playlist for this 10 minutes long or whatever

My TOH will be at every OCLOCK

The TOH will contains the Time,the weather and the news and a few commercial and station signal (station ID)

Now open your calendar
    create a show called TOH
    create it from 0000 to 0010
    linked it repeat it without end

do this for the 24hours

Thats All. Linked Show has made it easy .Try it it is not painfull

This is how its create in rivendell,Simon etc. under logs creation and cartwheel creation.

Here is my complaint,I suggest in an earlier post to put reorder the source field,

You want to have this so that even if you have show going on  for the schedule to override this so it plays your station break.I have no work around.

The New LPFM in the conditionally state that it should not have commerical,and be non-profit.

What I would suggest for Airtime Now to do is Have an Airtime Paid Version (Airtime Plus).

Get a team to focus on that and charge money to develop that commerical aspect of the software.

Let me even price it for you Airtime $450 US.

So anyone who wants ALL THOSE feature that they complaint about can Have them will get it paid for.

There is so much work around the things people constantly talk about and if you really use the sofware its intended it really serves you until the feature is implemented.

Please outline how you manage now and I think Airtime a lot to improve it

* V.O.I.S.S.E.S.      *         *
    * Can You Hear Me Now *         *
    ♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♩♪♫♩♪♫♪♩♫♪♩ ♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬
    ######################################################
    [En][24/7][712- 432- 8476]############################
    http://tunein.com/radio/BIGLINK-RADIO-s190864/
    [Korean][24/7] [712- 432- 8464]#######################
    http://tunein.com/radio/Goaheadmissionorg-s190399/
    [En][Sundays 2300-Mondays 0600 EST][712- 432- 8437]###
    http://tunein.com/radio/Caribbean-Experience-s200915/
    ######################################################
    Disclaimer:-
    "The Views express by me in no way reflect the staff,team,management of airtime,its affiliate or its
    representative.
    I am in no way a member of the staff,team,management of airtime,its affiliate or its representative,

My views are my own opinion of which I hope will help to construed a discussion in order to solve, resolved or to make things better.

If you follow my opinions,you do so at your own risk and I bear no responsibility for your actions or in-actions.

My opinions is not my final thoughts but something I think as I try come to my final conclusion"

#####################################################################

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-11-13 09:24:39
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Daniel may have just saved me from switching to RadioJar. I can live with using Master Source to insert ads from a Mac in the studio to feed the ads into Airtime.Pro. Any recommendations for a suitable Mac program? Something like RadioLogic Scheduler perhaps? Would that work?

I need automation. Any suggestions appreciated.

-Lee
  • I was reading all posts about jingles, ads, news etc. and think to add this question:
    as shown in WIKI: "Playing+Jingles+or+Ads+on+15+Minute+Intervals" the interruption audio-stream is actually airtime steam: http://localhost:8000/airtime.mp3
    So how to avoid the breaking song/talk by the auto-scheduled ads/jingles described in that article? 
    Is liquidsoap really able to recognize when steam has quite short pause to insert ad-block/jingle? 
    Any ideas?
    www.actionsch.com - Bringing talents in life!
    + Action Radio School +
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Voisses TechVoisses Tech
    Read My dummies series you will find much more flexible way

I go from simple to the more complex including overlays (jingles)

Please ignore my riddle and gibberish as you read,but best practice is to print it out and work along.

Its not perfect but it will take you to the next destination towards your path.

• Vote Up0Vote Down Voisses TechVoisses Tech
    Draw a layout of what you want to achieve.
    here is a suggestion

Remote
                                                               D J and STation
                                                                      ||
                                                                      \/

Playout => DSP/Broadcast Client=S=>Airtime
                                                                        ||
                                                                        ||
                                                                        \/

TransMitter/Externals

Playout  can be  ITUNES,WINAMP, MPLAYER,AMAROK,Zaro,Broadcast Console,MIXER

DSP/BroadCast Server -  Processing and StreamClient (Butt,Mixx etc.)
                                           ( if you use the right stream client Metatags will Pass)

S    - Silence Detector

Now develope the strategy around that eg. Some silence detector can play jingles as the transistion to  AIRTIME OCCURS ETC.

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-05-10 02:00:11
  • Airtime 2.5.1, the open radio software for scheduling and remote station management.

How add jingles every x songs with Dynamic Smart Block:

Edit file: /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Block.php

Modify function: getListOfFilesUnderLimit()

// Add this code to add jingles to dynamyc smart block

$rand++;

if ($rand >= 1 && rand(1,10) > 3 ){

$item_insertList = get_item_insertList();

$insertList[] = $item_insertList['item'];

$totalTime += $item_insertList['length'];

$totalItems++;

$rand = 0;

}

And add function

// Return random jingle

function get_item_insertList(){

$jingles = array(

// array with jingles

array ( 'id' => 545, 'length'=> 27.193 ),   // jingle ID and lenght  

);

// return random jingle in array

$jingle = $jingles[ rand(0, count($jingles) - 1 ) ];

$item_insertList = array( 'item' => $jingle, 'length' => $jingle['length'] );

return $item_insertList;

}

http://www.algoritmo.fr/add-jingles-to-sourcefabric-airtime-radio/

Post edited by Ernesto Bustos at 2016-11-06 01:31:17
  • i suggest you also take a look at this https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/17792/playlists-jingles-or-spots-every-xx-items-updated-new-functionality maybe you can use something from there or improve it.
  • Ernesto Bustos, I like your solution, as I play log mixes, and want to always have jingle->ad->jingle between them.

Is there a way to modify your get_item_insertList() function, so that it searches the library for matching media with 'jingle' as the genre? Then we can manage our jingles via the airtime gui!