Big problems with Airtime scheduled shows
  • After a couple of months of running airtime with very few problems, I am now having some serious problems with airtime. 

i have added shows to the calendar and then click "add and remove content" i then select the content that i want to add and everything just hangs.

Everything was working just find until deleted a load of shows to add new ones.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Lee
    Post edited by Hit Mix UK at 2014-03-24 20:37:04
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  • Further investigation shows the logs are next to useless there is nothing in the logs at all that gives even an indication as to the cause of the problem, i am starting to think I have somehow triggered quite a nasty bug.

I currently can't schedule any shows at all if it was not for the fact that i have a back up sever (not running airtime) i would be off the air and my station would be in trouble.

I am starting to question whether airtime is actually a viable solution for professional stations.

Post edited by Hit Mix UK at 2014-03-24 20:35:56
  • Airtime seems to have serious problems with the calendar/scheduler. I don't know if the problem comes from Postgresql or Airtime itself.

Airtime is a very interesting project, developers have done a remarkable job to run this product. But for the moment I think it's for personal/testing use, due to major bugs still presents.

It works quite well in general since the 2.5 version.
  • Hi Divay,

I am starting to think its an airtime bug, although i am struggling to find anyone who has had a similar problem. 

I have been doing a bit more digging, it would seem that this problem only manifests itself if you try to add content to a show that has no end (it previously worked fine).

If for example I add a show to run for a year then the content is added without a problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Lee
  • Vote Up0Vote Down NaomiNaomi
    What version of Airtime are you using?
  • Lee -- break your shows up into 24hr blocks for now. A long running show is just asking for trouble.
  • Hi Naomi,

Its the latest version.

Hi Roger,

It worked fine for the last couple of months with shows set to never end, its only developed the issue since deleting some shows to create new ones, but i do tend to agree with you may be i am asking a bit much from it :-)
  • Yeah, just start a show from 00:00 to 23:59 then repeat it every day, all week, for a couple months out.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down NaomiNaomi
    Is there anyway you could dump your database and send it somehow?
  • Hi Naomi,

I cleared out the DB in the hope it would solve the problem.