Additional Icecast Mounts?
  • I have 2 streams of my radio station running via Airtime.  I would like to allow a client to create a 'dynamic mountpoint' on the same Icecast server - I have 5 sources set:

<icecast>
        <limits>
            <clients>100</clients>
            <sources>5</sources>
            <threadpool>5</threadpool>
            <queue-size>524288</queue-size>
            <client-timeout>30</client-timeout>
            <header-timeout>15</header-timeout>
            <source-timeout>10</source-timeout>

And using the same credentials I am using in Airtime to generate my 2 others streams (64k and 128k) at ds106rad.io:8000 - when I try to create the 'dynamic mountpoint' /newmount directly to the Icecast server (bypassing Airtime) I am unable to connect.

This a liquidsoap issue?  Missing something.

Thanks ~ Grant

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • Huh? Dynamic mountpoint? An icecast alias?
  • Make sure Liquidsoap is using an admin username + password. Otherwise the mount has to be pre-defined (not dynamic)
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • So does liquidsoap prevent other source clients from mounting directly to the icecast server when Airtime uses the default icecast source credentials?  I am having the same issue as the OP, I am unable to create dynamic mounts using the same icecast source credentials.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Connecting other sources directly to icecast-server has nothing to do with liquidsoap.
    Liquidsoap (LS) is just responsible for Show-Source and Master-Source (if you set it up)
    LS doesn't prevent anything from connecting to icecast, icecast.xml is doing this.
    Be sure to have to use the correct login-credentials and have enough sources aloud in icecast.xml

But if you have enough "sources" aloud to connect to icecast ()  and you use the correct user+password, icecast will always allow a "dynamic" mount to connect.

You could also create a mountpoint following the icecast2-guide http://www.icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.1.0/icecast2_config_file.html#limits
    but this is not needed if you want to use default-settings for mounts.

cheers
    <sources>5</sources>
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Hoerich:

Thanks for the link, you were spot on with the sources.  The default installation I used had sources set to 2.  I changed it, restarted icecast and I was able to add a dynamic mount. 

Thanks again!
    Post edited by Jimmy Marbles at 2014-03-17 11:11:18
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    good to hear
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.