Can't connect to master or show mounts
  • Yesterday I noticed I can no longer connect to either master or show mounts. BUTT just says connecting and nothing happens. 
    aritime-check-system is all green and the icecast server is working properly. 
    I have no clue what to do and would be very greateful for help.

AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = 3.2.0-24-virtual
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = i686
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = 1025356
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = 0
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = 2.5.1
    OS                             = Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS i686
    CPU                            = QEMU Virtual CPU version 1.0
    WEB_SERVER                     = Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = 1196
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 105545
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 1.1%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0.0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = 15652
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 320
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 1.4%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 8.9%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = 1185
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 105545
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 1.1%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0.0%
    -- Your installation of Airtime looks OK!

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • Had that problem with butt and whilst I cannot say its similar,you first remedy might have to uninstall butt and reinstall.

Remember butt is not supported for a long time ,try another client software and let us know

Good luck
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • I've tried that and its no go.
    BUTT is the only software that I know of that is crossplattform, simple and free. If you know of any alternatives please share them.

It's just strange that it has worked for 6 months without issues.. 
  • Same deal with Mixxx. I can connect directly to my icecast mount no problem but does not work with the airtime mounts. 

On butt it says on air for 2 sek and then i get connection lost and back to connecting. On mixxx its straight to connection error. 
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    could it be that...
    ... you connect with butt or Mixxx and you don't have any sound on?
    ... and auto-disconnect is activated in system => streams => input stream settings?

so, have a look at input stream settings and be sure to have sound before you try to connect.

cheers
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    btw - it's the same with traktor.
    My traktor doesnt connect if no deck is playing!
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • i have the same problem

double checked password
    disabled even the firewall in ubuntu

but can not seam to connect to airtime anymore using differnt tools also mixx.

i get a error the pasword is wrong or check your internet but i am on the local network and i can connect to the airtime website
    and the password etc is correct...... strange!!
  • @noairtime

I want to point out that MIXXX and BUTT has two different approaches to connection.

Take care how you install lame (mp3) decoder on MIXXX,they explain that extensively in the forum.

On the Other hand \

I too am having serious problems with changes.

I tried not to broke my promise of updating Airtime  until major upgrades.The other day,I
     was doing some security patches and had to change my update policy.

My main system has gone haywire.

Please can developers not do these changes and do them in bulk

do custom fixes or patches for individual complaints and then wait until some one request ask them to test and feedback.

Its reckless to move patches and when people have custom script it breaks.

Imagine the major os doing that.

I used medibuntu and notice how they have adopted this approach 12.04 was with myth 24 but you can patch it up to the current.

I am not ranting just encouaging

In the mean time,I made a post about keyserver missing please attend to this

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.