[SOLVED] Translated Issue and Section titles getting renamed to untranslated variant
  • I am working on setting up a publication that has 2 and sometimes 3 translations per article. the Primary two are English and French with sometimes Spanish. The issues are month names and each is translated. The  Section names are all translated as well. I haven't been able to rule out human error 100%, but it seems like the translated names revert to another form when new articles are saved in an alternate language. 

The Setup:
    current issue names: January 2014, Janvier 2014, Enero 2014 (because of the problem, I normalized the issue URLs, making the current issue 2014_01 for all of them). An example section (name : url): Politics : politics, Politque : politique.

If nothing is being added (or altered) to an older issue, they don't see any errant switches, but when doing site migration it seemed clear that this issue is associated with active saving and/or publishing of articles.  After adding new articles and translating, I often notice that Janvier 2014 will revert to January 2014, and depending of the order in which an article is published and translated, politique may switch to politics or vis versa. normalizing the issue name to just <year>_<month_number> has been huge in that when they flip, the whole issue link diaspora won't be dead, but still, having to check the section list for each language every time an article is published is a pain, and if someone forgets then all the links to that issue-section in the wild will be dead.

Does anyone else experience this? Is this a known thing? maybe there's a 'proper' work-flow to avoid it? It's potentially crippling. I realize that I may be inducing it somehow, as opposed to it just being an unavoidable bug, but I'm not doing anything that should induce it.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Post edited by captain stupy at 2014-03-15 11:53:35
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • I am a bit surprised that no one responded to this to mention this was fixed in the latest release. I found reference to it in the release notes and an upgrade to 4.2.1 took care of it.