You can set up your own includes file -Why 80% of your Time will be saved. Another in Dummies Series
  • You can set up  your own includes file - Why 80% of your Time will be saved.

Most people have been scared to change the ls_script because they suffered when
    they do an up grade of Airtime.

But as i have learnt,the best remedy is to conquer your fears.
    Sometime you will say "it was that easy!"

modify your scripts can give you the ability to

1. Create your own auto dj and schedules
    2. Custom playlist
    3. Create multiple stations of different Genre
    4. Create Customize features for Jingles,Sweepers and other stations bed (time,traffic,temperature etc.)
    5. Create your own Api
    6. Create you own Live inputs Web-stream,Soundcards, Dj's,Stalitte connection etc
    7. Record and Archive your broadcast for future reference
    8. Silence Detection

The Features are up to your imagination

So here is what you do.

Tips.

Reduce the stress to rewrite or scared to modify the script

You only need to do this Once for the life-time of Airtime/machine

•     Place any your include or modified script in your own location
    •     Link the location to Airtime
    •     include your script in The ls_script using the "% include" syntax

Now remember whenever you do an upgrade that you just have to do a post upgrade to the Airtime ls_script by placing one line (yes one line)

• include your script in The ls_script using the "% include" syntax

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-02-17 13:30:23
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • I know this might sound repetitive or seems like a repetitive post /forum but like you the reader,I come here for solutions and my hopes is that it clarifies AND MAKES LIFE EASIER FOR YOU .
    I cannot modified all my post so this is the way I include new features and example.

In this tutorial I will
    • Introduce you to the "watch" mode for playlist, so now you can place new files in a directory and liquidsoap will reload those files and makes them available to playout. Previous scripts,I post in the forums do not have this mode and so if you have one these scripts you might well advise to do this.You will no longer have to restart  your ls_script when you add media files to a directory (your own or Airtime)
    • I will show you to make your own includes file ( if you scan the ls_script you will see a number of examples)
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • For this tutorial I will use my one liner script found here

1. create a directory to hold your script. ( I create mine in a share folder,I can scp or access over my network)   f.e.  /shares/myautodj.liq
    2. use a text editor and place this line in myautodj.liq                                                               default = fallback(track_sensitive = false,[playlist(mode="random",reload_mode="watch","/srv/airtime/stor/imported/")])
    3. now link this to your airtime
    4. Now modify your airtime this  ls_script and put this "%include /shares/myautodj.liq"

nb reload-mode

done

Now lets say two months later you upgrade

just do this 

modify your airtime this  ls_script and put this

"%include /shares/myautodj.liq"

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-02-17 13:08:36
  • if you use my recorded script here

just

"%include /shares/myrecording.liq"
  • Final thoughts

I think open source have open the realm of technology,everybody have some geek in them and you will laugh at how the world has change because of open source.

No longer will we have to wait until someone at any one company to decide what interface you want.
    If you have been spoilt by waiting then,you have a long way to go so roll up yourselves,the world needs you.

I am so glad you do not have to want wait on banks or venture capital to grow your ideas,try kickstart or other similar.

So here is a free GPL idea for the Snow and parking,
    • Buy a tarpaulin and some ropes
    • Anchor the wheels with the ropes securily especially when there is winds.hook ropes are handy.
    • when you get up just pull the ropes off to the opposite sides and bam your car is clean.

If You wait until it ice just throw some wiper fuel and salt it melt in a jiffy

I will be patent this idea,so not stealing of it,just use it.

• Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Please Voisses reduce your signature, that's really awful for reading yours posts...
    thanks !

:D
  • ok,will revise it.but will remove it for the time been

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-02-18 09:05:18