Blank translation
  • Hi Guys,
    Congratulations! Your work help us a lot!
    I had discovered newscoop since about 3 months ago. So, I have only one difficult at moment. Please help me:
    My translations never works. then, the articles are in brazilian portuguese and date, and others informations are showing in english.
    When I try a translation, I receive a blank page. My environment:
    Debian Squeeze. I had tryed with the binary and downloading the latest 4.2.1 form you. I started trying with a virtual host with ISPConfig but, dont worked. At now Im using newscoop out of the box like a dedicated server. Its working wonderfull, but not in my language.
    I had translated the _conf translates of themes to brazilian with possible english names but nothing. For last I had translated the localizer, that I will send for you as a translation and the java scripts langs. Nothing solve my translations blank pages.
    The apache2 errors log not show errors.
    I think thats is a litle bit that Im forgoting to do.
    The goal is: every in my Newscoop site be showed in brazilian portuguese.
    Thanks for the opportunity and waiting for help.
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Hello,
    I'm not sure whether it's the cause of the problem, but give it a try:
    1. You want to use "Portuguese (Brazil)" code pt_BR
    Try to go to your admin area -> Configure -> Languages -> Portuguese (Brazil) and in the field "Name" delete space after the closing bracket of the name field  - Portuguese (Brazil)[space]  (note: [space] shows the space position)

2. Also remember, that the config file should have the name Portuguese (Brazil).conf and be placed into the _conf folder of the theme assigned to desired publication (usually placed in /themes/publication_[2] folder, where [N] stays for the ID number of the publication.

I did try to use pt_BR language in my installation and that leading space was the problem, as in that case it wasn't able to identify the required config file due to difference in names.
    Post edited by Andrey Pozhalov at 2014-02-14 06:12:27
  • Hi Andrey,
    Many thanks for your reply.
    Before back again here in the forum, I had tryed a lot and discovered something in this way you are saying.
    Only was not checking yet the languages config. After read your help I tried like you say e works for me.
    At now Im working on it and will report the final results here.
    Thanks again!
  • Im here back:
    I choose Portuguese (Brazil) in publication and in sections. The head and some areas from page appears in choosed language, but never show the article. I get a blank space where the content from article must be showed.

In log files from apache2 its only one I can see:
    PHP Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in .../HTML/QuickForm.php on line 597...
    Repeating this message changing only the number of line from QuickForm.php like 1707, 1864.

My php version is PHP 5.4.4-14+deb7u7

Post edited by Valdelino da Silva at 2014-02-22 20:13:35