24/7 Automated Radio with Airtime
  • Hi there - I have had a look round on the discussions however there is not a single, clear answer.
    My question is simple -
    is it possible to have 24/7 Automated Audio using Airtime?

What I want to do is quite easy, I wish to have a 24 hour show on repeat with no end. It will be a single smart block with certain criteria. I have a folder of 1000 songs, it gets updated with new songs daily. I don't wish to manually enter a new smart block every time I add/remove songs to the folder. Is there a way to do this or is this not yet possible? I would like all 1000 songs to play until a song is repeated, eg. I don't want a song to play a second time until every other song in the folder has been played (even if I have updated the files in the folder).

Am I dreaming or is this easily possible? 
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    yes, but you have to fill content day by day
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • It sems that linked repeats ON THE SAME DAY OF THE WEEK (not every day) randomizes as required.
    So it seems possible, as requested, once set up.

No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • A nice feature request would be to have a script which would allow random or shuffle population of the smart block at the time of play rather than you have to put in the content day by day.

@Sam Carmex.
    just make your blocks limit to 24hours.

and with advance skills you can tailor your Airtime the way you want it.

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Thanks for replies. SO just to confirm:

- There is no way to 'set and forget' criteria for repeating shows
    - You have to assign a new Smart Block to the show every time you add new content for it to be included

If the above is correct then I would like to submit a feature request - there should be a third playlist type:
    A criteria is set (For example: .mp3 files in library that are newer than 5 days) > Show content is generated prior to the show starting (rather than when it is added to the schedule). 

I have a feeling the above solution would help solve a lot of people's issues. Most of the people on here want to achieve a 24/7 automated station without having to modify things every time new content is added/deleted in watched folders.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
  • I dont like idea of "For example: .mp3 files in library that are newer than 5 days"

It needs to be more specific like: For example: .mp3 files in library that are newer than 5 days with a genre of say 'news'
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-02-05 08:58:44
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.