Can not connect to the streaming server, 401, Authentication Required (HTTP/1.0)
  • Hallo together,

after a few hours of work i figured out that airtime dont likes beeing accessed via a subfolder. now i am getting the next problem.
    my output stream via icecast gives me an error. even if i type in a wrong ip adress i get the 401 error: Can not connect to the streaming server, 401, Authentication Required (HTTP/1.0)

i tested my icecast server and had no problems to use it. but airtime wont connect with the same username and password. can you please help me? i tried different things out of other threads, but nothing worked for me. i edited the liquidsoup.cfg file and other things. any ideas? the icecast is on the same machine.
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • update: now i am getting the error that the server can not be empty. but there is an ip in the field. any ideas?
  • I am using Ubuntu 12.04 64-Bit on a virtual host and using the latest Airtime 2.5. My Icecast server sits on the same host. It is a bit strange because i am really sure that I am using the correct passwords, because i can use this data to connect to icecast with other software. Is there something i can test? Something i can do to check that everything is set up correctly?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    be sure to have the same settings for username&password in icecast.xml and in
    Airtime => System => Streams => Output Stream 1 => Advanced Options => Source User & Password.
    There is another user&pw there, that is for admin & stats.
    be sure to use the source user&pw, not the admin user&pw.

if you don't know where icecast.xml is located,
    check http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/automated-installation/

cheers
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Hallo Hoerich,

thanks for your answer.
    I am sure all the data was set correctly in my icecast.xml and in airtime. As i said i was able to stream via icecast out of another software. i set up everything again yesterday. a complete fresh installation. now it worked like butter. maybe it was something with the domain setting at the icecast server. i used it with ip and not with a domain.

The only thing which now is bothering me is that airtime blocks my root directory. I am not able to use the /var/www/ directory anymore. everything gets piped to airtime. Is there a workaround?
  • Vhost or sub domain or you can run Airtime on separate  port.
    Search the forum or try FAQ of the wiki

Open another Thread If you have problems with the above suggestion and marked this one as solved in the header.It makes better reading
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-01-28 13:02:42
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.