Can't edit image metadata
  • Hi

I'm using Newscoop 4.2 and the Quetzal theme, and trying to edit the metadata on my images, but it won't allow me to. The 'edit image data' screen comes up, but the 'next: place images' button from it doesn't do anything, so all I can do is to close the window, which doesn't save the metadata for me. Consequently I can't add captions to my images. Has anyone else experienced this?

Alan (UK)

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • Hello Alan,

Your issue is related to this ticket: http://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CS-4893

Fix has been implemented and will be released in 4.2.2 version.

Best regards
  • OK, that sounds good. A couple of follow-up questions:
    When is 4.2.2. released?
    Will it be automatically applied to our installation, which is on Sourcefabric's server?
    Thanks
  • Not sure when exactly but in a few upcoming days. The second question is to Andrey Podshivalov I guess.
    Post edited by Rafał Muszyński at 2014-01-10 18:08:03
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov

Will it be automatically applied to our installation, which is on Sourcefabric's server?

if you are talking about newscoop.pro hosting - yes, all bug fix releases are applied asap.
  • This all sounds good, but how do I know when the fix has been implemented? I've just tried to edit metadata again, and it's not working yet.
  • I have the same problem, box goes blank after uploading. If I reload the page in the browser, the images will show up next to the article editor and I can click on an image to add the caption etc there.
  • Thanks, Sebastian, that's a good workaround for now!