smart block playlist combination
  • Is it possible to create a dynamic smart block that takes the songs from specific playlists. What I'm trying to do is create a specific kind of mysic dynamic playlist. But I want to have somekind of control. I thought maybe if I create lets sasy 50 playlists with similar kind of music and then create a dynamic smart block to get the files from those playlist with an extra criteria, lets say last played > yesterday. Is there a way to do that?
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Have you looked at smart blocks using track genres? I think this might be what you need?

No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Thank you for your answer but no, not really. Tags are really overestimated, I have thousands of songs with very generic tags like "genre: rock" which could mean anything between tracy chapman and Led Zepelin. You can say "fix your tags" and you could be right, but that could take 1,5 lifetimes alone..  I think smart blocks from playlists would give perfect control over what's on the air. Is it possible?
    Happy new year
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

lets say last played > yesterday. Is there a way to do that?

you can vote for this on the bug-tracker and hope (like me) that it's gonna be implemented soon.
    http://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CC-4690

Tags are really overestimated, I have thousands of songs with very generic tags like "genre: rock" which could mean anything between tracy chapman and Led Zepelin. You can say "fix your tags" and you could be right, but that could take 1,5 lifetimes alone..

IMHO having correct metadata is essential for running a radio automation software.
    most of them work with metadata.
    and the more different kind of metadata you have, the more you can use them and work with smartblocks.
    So I suggest you better go for complete metadata then for feature request like this.
    foobar2000, or similar tagging-apps can help you a lot and do things automatically for you. even lyrics and covers could be downloaded automatically. so I think it does not take a lifetime to have a tagged collection.
    and it really helps you formatting your playout if you have metadata like country, gender, mood, bpm, lyrics,...
    at least artist - title - album - genre should be tagged.
    just my 2 cents
    pls vote for the feature request http://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CC-4690
    cheers
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.