Does Airtime support automatically playing podcasts?
  • There is software - called RadioDJ, I believe - for Windows that will allow automatic playing of podcasts via RSS feed. Does Airtime support something like this? If not, is there a workaround? (maybe have another program download the podcast into a monitored folder and have airtime play the most recent file in that folder?)

The goal is to re-broadcast Free Speech Radio News daily and Off The Hook weekly.

edit: I read an old post that said that feature might be implemented in 2.0
    Post edited by harbor at 2013-09-11 18:36:01
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Yes and No

No - Airtime cannot download the podcast feeds and then import them.

Yes - Airtime can play play the  audio feed if it is downloaded and then imported in the Media library.

How I do mine is that I downloaded the feed in a folder and then tag them Like StatNews for tags such as title,album etc.  and each time I upload the news it replace the old one.

With a little knowledge you could do a script that automate this task or for a more advance approach you could us REST to parse the XML obtain the audio file and store it in a watch folder

Webstream has been implemented in version 2 and Great,Check the library for this

V.O.I.S.S.E.S.
    Can You hear me now
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-09-13 02:42:04
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    V.O.I.S.S.E.S I'm heraing you :

http://podcatcher.rubyforge.org/

:D
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    I also use a 3rd-party podcatcher to workaround. works perfect.

but there is a user onboard, who did a hack to manage to use soundcloud-streams directly by airtime.
    so, there are ways to expand this.
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • So this works regardless of the fact the file itself changes and the length might be different from one show to the next?