[SOLVED] Airtime 2.5 authentication trouble
  • I tried to change the administration passwords on icecast after I installed it with the default configuration. I thought it would work the way changing the icecast.xml file and then changing the passwords on the airtime interface so that they would simply match without trouble. But on the contrary now I can't get any stream working. I even changed back to the previous default passwords but it still gives out an authentication error. I restarted icecast but that didn't work either. Need urgent help.
    Post edited by Tarkan Kaya at 2013-12-03 02:40:51
    eastanbul.com
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Is it normal that the user and pass doesn't even appear in /etc/airtime/liquidsoap.cfg ?
    eastanbul.com
  • Solved.
    eastanbul.com
  • Well, do not hold us in suspense Tarkan - what was the issue?
    (and please rename the title of thread with solved or resolved appended?)
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2013-12-02 18:51:09
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • I was about to write the same to someone who solved it without giving the solution :)

In my case it was very simple. The part that took time to solve it was the confusing stream settings page.
    I was entering the admin and user details but was confused with the password for the user since the pass was visible. Besides I wasn't sure if the user detail had to stay as "source" or should leave it simply empty.

Therefore I was trying to solve it on the config files themselves. I will try to change the default admin password again now. Because I have changed it back to make the radio running.
    eastanbul.com
  • Btw. Where exactly can I request a function that I think is fundamental for online broadcasts?
    eastanbul.com
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    bug tracker http://dev.sourcefabric.org or Airtime Dev Leader Albert Santoni or Airtime Evangelist Daniel James

cheers
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Thanks Hoerich
    eastanbul.com