Zara and Airtime
  • Hello,

Is anyone using Zara as a live stream for Airtime?  We'd like to use our Zara-fed transmitter to also feed our internet stream using Airtime 2.5.0 sometimes and other times have separate content since the transmitter is not 24 hours.  Any ideas how this could be done?  I saw in a May 13 post someone was looking at doing this.  Perhaps some others can comment as well.

Thanks!
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    I know Zara, but don't use it in production.

But afaik this should be able with Zara. Just activate Icecast-Streaming in Zara and point to Airtime.
    I'm using this with foobar2000 instead of Zara.

cheers
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Is this ZaraRadio or ZaraStudio
    or is there a different radio automation name  Zara

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • I could not find anywhere to configure streaming related data in ZaraRadio. I thought it's not meant for streaming???
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

Raksaksa said:

I could not find anywhere to configure streaming related data in ZaraRadio. I thought it's not meant for streaming???

then install an icecast-client like butt, edcast or riocast to catch the sound of zara and forward it to Airtime.
    this is how I do it.
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Thanks everyone!

Voisess Tech:  It's ZaraRadio

hoerich: I was think something like this as well.  I will give it a try.
  • Found this amongst the FAQ

ZaraStudio is not a program designed for that purpose, but it is a program that automates audio playback. Anyway, it can be used along with other programs to broadcast an Internet station. Some of those programs are OddCast or WinAmp with the Shoutcast plugin.

Zaroradio is the free version with even less feature.

I have two friends who use Zararadio for playback  and a simple scheduler(jingles,time,etc.).Thi thing about it is you have to use an encoder with it like @hoerich said( search this forum for butt) or you can look at M3W,simplecast etc.

* V.O.I.S.S.E.S.      *         *
    * Can You Hear Me Now *         *
    ♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♩♪♫♩♪♫♪♩♫♪♩ ♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬
    ######################################################
    [En][24/7][712- 432- 8476]############################
    http://tunein.com/radio/BIGLINK-RADIO-s190864/
    [Korean][24/7] [712- 432- 8464]#######################
    http://tunein.com/radio/Goaheadmissionorg-s190399/
    [En][Sundays 2300-Mondays 0600 EST][712- 432- 8437]###
    http://tunein.com/radio/Caribbean-Experience-s200915/
    ######################################################
    Disclaimer:-
    "The Views express by me in no way reflect the staff,team,management of airtime,its affiliate or its
    representative.
    I am in no way a member of the staff,team,management of airtime,its affiliate or its representative,

My views are my own opinion of which I hope will help to construed a discussion in order to solve, resolved or to make things better.

If you follow my opinions,you do so at your own risk and I bear no responsibility for your actions or in-actions.

My opinions is not my final thoughts but something I think as I try come to my final conclusion"
    #####################################################################
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-11-30 01:45:30
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.