A couple of questions before real launch
  • Hi,

I am running a radio on liquidsoap for about more than a year now and all settings are done manually. I would like to switch to Airtime and actually did on a second VPS for a while now, my questions are based on the playlist and scheduling. While Airtime gives a nice backend UI to make the playlists, the problem arises by me when I am used to put all the songs I sort in a period of time into seperate directories named for the daily timing I want them to be played. I know it might sound hard to get; maybe I should give an example:

Right now without Airtime I prepare the tracks into folders in my computer such as (and upload them into the same directories on the VPS);

/morning
    /daytime
    /evening
    /warmingup
    /techhouse

and so on... and for each directory I have a fixed timeschedule
    and/or sometimes I change the time schedule for each directory
    manually on liquidsoap's configuration. So if the morning program includes 3 hours of music; I change the time that should spend for that directory. For now I prefer a random play for each folder.

But as far as I experienced on Airtime, I must prepare all the playlists and shows on the UI. Which in my case it seems it is limiting my practical way of preparing my playlists by simply uploading tracks into folders where I point them when to be played on the liquidsoap's configuration file.

On the other hand, I just saw that 1.9.3 is released and for sure would like to update but I couldn't find an explanation of how to do it without having too much trouble. I am not totally a noob, but you can consider me as one Smile

Thanks for any reply from now on.

Tarkan

P.S: Is there any possibility or planning to restart the radio from the UI?
    eastanbul.com
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Paul BaranowskiPaul Baranowski
    On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Tarkan Kaya <
    airtime-support@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> **
    >
    > On the other hand, I just saw that 1.9.3 is released and for sure would
    > like to update but I couldn't find an explanation of how to do it without
    > having too much trouble. I am not totally a noob, but you can consider me as
    > one
    >

Upgrade docs are here:
    http://wiki.sourcefabric.org/x/GYZw

- Paul

• Vote Up0Vote Down Jakub GórnickiJakub Górnicki
    Hello Tarkan,

how did the launch go? Was everything fine? Let us know so we can celebrate together! If you have any issues just drop us a line in forum - we will do our best to reply asap Smile

Jakub
  • Hello again after 2 years.

I couldn't use Airtime in the way I was using liquidsoap alone by manually editing it's configuration file. Today I decided to give Airtime a try again, thinking that the "watch folders" might solve my extremely simple use of liquidsoap.

First I ended up with error messages at the final of the installing and configuration. It seems it doesn't get any process ID for the playout engine, liquidsoap engine and media monitor engine.

Would appreciate any help.
    eastanbul.com
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Hi Tarkan,
    could you post the output of
    sudo airtime-check-system
    and post your log-dump by executing
    sudo airtime-log -d http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-24-for-broadcasters/the-airtime-log-command/
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Hi Hoerich, 

Thanks for the response about the previous issue.
    I managed to install it manually. It works well right now. But I truly need a quick solution on Airtime for managing playlists as I was doing it with liquidsoap. In my view -and I believe many others would agree too- Airtime is missing the way liquidsoap was used to behave, which is scheduling playlists through separate folders on the server side.

Post edited by Tarkan Kaya at 2013-11-08 07:01:28
    eastanbul.com