Soundcloud Uploads Failing - Error 413
  • A few days ago our Airtime (2.4.1 - Ubuntu 12.04) started only uploading one or two of our shows to Soundcloud, now it seems to be unable to upload any at all. The Library claims that it has uploaded a programme (see the Screenshot 1) but when you hover over the Soundcloud icon you get file ID -3 and when you try to re-upload to Soundcloud, the icon changes to the error and reports "Error Code 413" (Screenshot 2). The Calendar on the other hand correctly indicates that there was a problem uploading. 

Searching the Soundcloud API documentation error 413 is "Request entity too large" . For example a request to upload a very large file (via the HTTP PUT method) may encounter a ceiling on upload file size set by the Web server. Soundclouds limit via the API is 500MB, which our files are not exceeding.

Bit stumped about this? As the logs are not displaying any error messages:

2013-11-06T13:04:34+00:00 INFO (6): [Soundcloud.php : uploadSoundcloud() : line 94] - Uploading soundcloud with command: /usr/lib/airtime/utils/soundcloud-uploader 5200 > /dev/null &
    2013-11-06T13:11:19+00:00 INFO (6): [ScheduleController.php : eventFeedPreloadAction() : line 137] - agendaWeek
    2013-11-06T13:18:05+00:00 INFO (6): [Soundcloud.php : uploadSoundcloud() : line 94] - Uploading soundcloud with command: /usr/lib/airtime/utils/soundcloud-uploader 3725 > /dev/null &

- Chris Weaver
    Post edited by Daniel James at 2013-11-06 08:53:58
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Chris, do you have an unlimited account on SoundCloud, or is it possible you have hit your storage limit there?

Cheers!

Daniel
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    http://rubydoc.info/github/soundcloud/soundcloud-ruby/frames/Soundcloud/ResponseError/StatusCodes says 507 would be returned for insufficient storage. Possibly you are getting the 413 error because the previous upload session had not closed properly, and the cumulative total is more than 500MB - just a guess...

Cheers!

Daniel
  • We have an unlimited account. Is there a way to flush any previous uploads that Airtime maybe doing in the background?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert SantoniAlbert Santoni
    I just sent this to Chris in an email but cross-posting here...

Seems like something might be up at SoundCloud, either a server misconfiguration or they silently changed their file upload limit. Someone else is reporting the same problem:
    Airtime Developer @ Sourcefabric
  • AirTime 2.5.1, free SoundCloud account, i have no track under my account
    i face the same issue but i get an error code: 0 , any clue