stream cutting out
  • Hi,

I have installed airtime on ubuntu multiple times, it has been working perfectly for the last 4-5 months and about a month ago it started to cut out every 40 seconds and required a page refresh to start again. I have also tried on two different computers at the same time and they both cut out at exactly the same time. I have tried on multiple servers with different specs. (one with 8gb of ram and 4 core processor.) The processor usage never goes above 20% and it still cuts out. My first though was that it may be my hosting provider (digital ocean) but they said they have no record of this. Restarting the server does not work either.

I have been left thinking that this must be a software rather than a hardware issue. Please help me to fix this as it has become a fairly large problem having to reinstall every week.

Thanks,
    Marcus
    Post edited by Marcus Hann at 2013-10-25 12:24:49
  • 10 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Hi,
    did you install apc php cache like documented at bottom of automated install manual? http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-24-for-broadcasters/automated-installation/

you run v2.5?

cheers
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Hi,

I used this tutorial: http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/easy-setup/, might this be the problem? Also, I am running 2.4.4 I will try with the tutorial you suggested and let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Marcus
    there are install guide screencasts available, not for 2.5 yet, but they could help a lot. http://www.sourcefabric.org/en/resources/screencasts/
    also you should use 2.5, it includes many bugfixes.
    And you should use Automated Installation for Ubuntu or Debian http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-24-for-broadcasters/automated-installation/ , not easy-setup
    cheers
  • hi,

I have followed that tutorial (apart from installing the apc cache) and it is now stuck on "Getting information from server" (see screenshot) and it is not showing in the icecast status (see other screenshot).

I am really stuck now.

Thanks,
    Marcus
    1366 x 768 - 119K
    1366 x 768 - 60K
    Post edited by Marcus Hann at 2013-10-26 19:55:44
    search icecast.xml and be sure to have equal values for user/password like in Airtime System=>Preferences

what brings a restart of icecast-service?

sudo service icecast2 restart

• Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    If that does not work, please try purging the Airtime package and making a fresh install. I have seen a similar issue when a version of Airtime was reinstalled over an existing install of the same version.

Cheers!

Daniel
  • Hi,

Thanks Daniel for this suggestion, it worked perfectly, now I just need to hope it solves my original problem, I will post back with the result of my testing over this week.

Thanks,
    Marcus
    Marcus, do you have any issues any more?

I also experienced drop-outs, with ALSA-Output and Webstream activated.

http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/16026/airtime-2-5-0-released

cheers
  • If you have a mod ls_script. ensure that the line output(dummy ....) is not commented.

Could any body provide me with one of these Url for the webstreams so I can test it?

Voisses
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • hi,

sorry for the very late reply, I do not have any more issues, the different install worked perfectly.

There are two streams (neither of which are working at the moment, you can see my most recent topic), these are:

stream is 256kbps and mobile is 96kbps

Thanks,
    Marcus