Airtime 2.5.0 RC1 Available
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert SantoniAlbert Santoni
    Hi guys,

We've fixed a bunch more bugs since the previous beta, wrapped up almost all of our QA tests, and we're now shooting for a release on Tuesday. With any luck, we should be more or less done with Airtime 2.5, so here's a release candidate for you guys:

Deb packages for Ubuntu (and Debian?) should be available next week along with the final 2.5.0 release, and we'll hopefully be bringing this update to Airtime Pro customers within the next 30 days. 

Thank you for all your beta feedback and bug reports, and if anyone is feeling up to trying out this new RC, your feedback is always welcome and would be very much appreciated!

Thanks guys!
    Albert
    Airtime Developer @ Sourcefabric
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • hi,
    is there any small unofficial changelog for this version? (=what is new)
    Schelstraete Bart - http://www.contact-dance.com
  • never mind! I just noticed the other post ;)
    Schelstraete Bart - http://www.contact-dance.com
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert SantoniAlbert Santoni
    Hey Bart,

Oops, yeah, a changelog would have been good, but you deduced it correctly - This 2.5.0 RC is basically the same as beta1, but with less bugs. :)

The changelog for beta1 is over here, in case anyone missed it:

With the final release (~5 days), I'll put together a complete list of all the bugs we fixed too.

Thanks!
    Albert
    Airtime Developer @ Sourcefabric
  • Hi there, I will be installing a new OS for v2.5 - Ubuntu being Airtime's OS of choice:

Do we stay with 12.04.3 LTS or 13.10 for maximum support ? 

• Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Thomas, Debian wheezy (stable) is an equally valid option, you can use it instead of Ubuntu if you prefer. As for the best Ubuntu version, we officially support LTS releases only, such as 12.04.x.

From an Airtime point of view, Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy' should be considered experimental for the time being. We have performed QA tests to ensure Airtime will run, but Saucy hasn't been available for long enough for us to know about any issues that might be experienced in production.

Saucy only has a nine-month support window from Canonical, and this is not really long enough for a server which might have to run in production for several years.

Cheers!

Daniel
  • Hi Thomas, Debian wheezy (stable) is an equally valid option, you can use it instead of Ubuntu if you prefer. As for the best Ubuntu version, we officially support LTS releases only, such as 12.04.x.

From an Airtime point of view, Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy' should be considered experimental for the time being. We have performed QA tests to ensure Airtime will run, but Saucy hasn't been available for long enough for us to know about any issues that might be experienced in production.

Saucy only has a nine-month support window from Canonical, and this is not really long enough for a server which might have to run in production for several years.

Cheers!

Daniel

Ok thanks Daniel. Debian is my OS of choice, but I never got Airtime to install as trouble free there and forum responses kept referencing Ubuntu, so 12.04 LTS it is then. cheers.
    There were a couple of issues with Debian squeeze that have now been resolved in wheezy. So you should be fine with either wheezy or Ubuntu 12.04.
    2.5.0-rc1 deb packages are available here: http://apt.sourcefabric.org/misc/airtime_2.5.0/