[Feature request] Add entire folder to playlist and play in shuffle mode
  • Dear all, I really appreciate your product, that seems to be very interesting and usable in production environments flawlessly.
    I have a suggestion to you, if you accept it. I have the need to add an entire folder full of songs (there are 6000 songs more or less) and it is frustrating to create a playlist as I can do at his time, and add those songs one by one manually. I really appreciate a functionality that can add all the songs in a folder (better if I can choose recursively or not with a check) to the playlist I created and set the playlist to be played in shuffle mode.
    Another feature linked to playlists should be the possibility to generate random playlists, as shows.
    Let me clarify this thinking. It should be useful to have the possibility to create a show and set it to "generate a random playlist" based on some aspects, to define at the show creation such as duration of songs, genre or "loudness" and so on.

These are some of my brainstormings as I first see the software at work, that at this time remains the greatest open source software in its category.

Thanks for the time you spent reading this post, I hope that my little ideas can be helpful to you.

kLeZ.
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Dear all, I really appreciate your product, that seems to be very interesting and usable in production environments flawlessly.

I have a suggestion to you, if you accept it. I have the need to add an entire folder full of songs (there are 6000 songs more or less) and it is frustrating to create a playlist as I can do at his time, and add those songs one by one manually. I really appreciate a functionality that can add all the songs in a folder (better if I can choose recursively or not with a check) to the playlist I created and set the playlist to be played in shuffle mode.
    Another feature linked to playlists should be the possibility to generate random playlists, as shows.
    Let me clarify this thinking. It should be useful to have the possibility to create a show and set it to "generate a random playlist" based on some aspects, to define at the show creation such as duration of songs, genre or "loudness" and so on.

These are some of my brainstormings as I first see the software at work, that at this time remains the greatest open source software in its category.

Thanks for the time you spent reading this post, I hope that my little ideas can be helpful to you.

kLeZ.

We want the same :-)

http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15777/random-play-from-directories-and-subdirectories
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Jakub GórnickiJakub Górnicki
    Hey Alessandro,

DID YOU KNOW... :) you can go to http://dev.sourcefabric.org and submit this feature yourself? And have people vote on it if you really on it? But before I recommend that you just look through and see if either community member or we haven't added sth similar.

Besides this thanks a lot for sharing this, I believe our developers are working on sth very similar to what you ask for.

Cheers,
    Jakub
  • Found out this entry on google and I definitely need the same. I think I know Airtime for a quite long time and even tried one of the first releases. My personal radio is running on LiquidSoap since it's start and I would like to switch on Airtime if only it could simply use different folders on the server side as playlists, which would play them in shuffle mode in the given times and duration. I haven't looked yet if this option is added since I guess there must be many features added since I checked it last time. But if not this feature would really be appreciated. Airtime is a good product after all.
    Post edited by Tarkan Kaya at 2013-10-11 12:31:48
    eastanbul.com