Hide songs in ogg, but dont delete it. Possible?
  • Hey friends,

my situation: i need my songs in mp3 and ogg, cause users can play and download the songs from my website. It's very important for me to have both, cause different internetbrowsers like different types. So i have one song in two types in my media-directory. But this is not very well for me, if i work with them in airtime. In airtime, i want only to show mp3, cause better metadata are available. To upload mp3 and ogg in different folders is not the best solution for me/us. I know, if i could use an extra folder for "Watched Folders:". I have done this before and if my songs would be in this folder, it is possible, to delete it from airtime-interface and they would be available on my server - this is exacly what i need. But to use an extra folder is not longer possible for me.

Is there a possibillity, to hide ogg in airtime?
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Hi Paul,
    for whome should ogg-files be hidden? for Airtime-Users? Or Website-users?

which kind of metadata-fields are missing for you in ogg?
    I'm using metadata massively on various formats (mp3, ogg, flac) and didn't have open wishes yet for ogg.

Hey friends,

my situation: i need my songs in mp3 and ogg, cause users can play and download the songs from my website. It's very important for me to have both, cause different internetbrowsers like different types.

I don't understand that. I'm fine with using mp3 & ogg with Firefox, Opera & Chrome without any problem.
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Hey hoerich,

please excuse my late answer. I moved to paraguay and now i'm back on stage. I will explain what i mean: Shure, i need one type of file (mp3 or ogg) for airtime to stream it. Fine. And now there is my special thing: i provile only Creative Commons and have all files on my website, where user can listen to them and download the song.

Many users have problems with one or the other fileformat - cause this, i provide both. If a browser don't want mp3, he get ogg. No ogg? Then he gets a mp3. Thats the reason why.

I have all files (mpe and ogg) in one directory. This directory is also my directory, where airtime is looking for new files. Cause this i have one mp3 and one ogg of the same song in my airtime - and this is not very well for me. So i want to hide ogg in my Airtime.

Why i wish to see mp3? At mp3 i can see the BPM. This not provided for me when i use ogg. That's the reason. Or can you see BPM at ogg? I can't.

EDIT: The thing with the differnet browsers is: - i think - it depends on if you have installed a windows-media-player-plugin or a vlc-player-plugin for your browser - so you have no problems. I had great problems with that, untill i understand that. For me it works, other users said: "Hey Paul, there is no..." And i asked many listeners for there computer-setup and recogniced one thing: a (not) missing media-plugin. And my working solution is to provide both streams/files. So the webbrowser can choose automaticly (excuse my poor english, please), what he want/understand. You never registred this?

Greetings from Paraguay!
    Post edited by Paul Hamann at 2014-04-24 20:15:48
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    In Library@Airtime, we can easily tell if ogg/mp3 by enable column 'mime'. Then we can filter them.
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
  • Yes Cliff, this is an option. Not the best, but it's an option. The best would be to hide it. I mean my team is not dumb, but i like to make it like "proof for the dumbest of the dumb"... ;-)

But your comment is a option to work at the moment.