Newscoop on Mac
  • Hi,
    I work with young journalists and I just discover Newscoop please can you say me if it's possible to install it on local serveur (mac Os system) and after to transfer the site realized on free server
    Thank You
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Hi Bob,

You should be able to: I just followed the instructions in the Newscoop manual, and had everything up and running inside 5 minutes. I'm running a mid-2012 Macbook Air (OSX 10.8.something).

Some basic web application server admin skills may be required, however. You'll also need administrator privileges on the mac machine to make changes to the Apache and PHP configurations (and to install MySQL, GD, etc as required). You'll probably want to use something like Macports or Homebrew to assist with package dependencies.

Again, the Newscoop manual has detailed instructions on site backup, restore, and transfer. That will help get your data off the local installation, when the time comes.

Good luck, and maybe report back with your installation experiences should you try to give it a go. I'll keep an eye out for any such posts.
    Post edited by Steven McPhillips at 2013-10-09 20:38:02