No MIME type found for webstream (Airtime v2.4.1)
  • Hi there,

I just wanted to draw some attention to an old discussion because it also applies to the latest Airtime release:

Error: No MIME type found for webstream

This doesn't apply to all Shoutcast stations but definitely a lot. 

http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/26472#Comment_26472
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • This is not an Airtime Problem,I can vouch for that.
    I ran these stream directly through liquidsoap and it return "Unknown Stream" and reset the script.

I wireshark one of these address and it still return the same address and information.

My thought is that the problem is how the stream is prepared from broadcaster.

If you run the address through any browser it ask you to download a bin file and this is not a known mime type or put another way its bin is not an audio format supported by liquidsoap.

The best resolution is to put this on liquidsoap mailing list to see if they can help

The solution currently is to capture the stream (using vlc,ffmpeg,relaying etc.) and then restream it
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-09-26 02:58:18
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • This is not an Airtime Problem,I can vouch for that.
    I ran these stream directly through liquidsoap and it return "Unknown Stream" and reset the script.

I wireshark one of these address and it still return the same address and information.

My thought is that the problem is how the stream is prepared from broadcaster.

If you run the address through any browser it ask you to download a bin file and this is not a known mime type or put another way its bin is not an audio format supported by liquidsoap.

The best resolution is to put this on liquidsoap mailing list to see if they can help

The solution currently is to capture the stream (using vlc,ffmpeg,relaying etc.) and then restream it

I would think that as long as LiquidSoap is used for these core functions then Airtime needs to stay owner of the problem (at least from this forum's perspective) because any external fix by LS would need to find its way back in to Airtime anyway.

Re-streaming with an extra client is a notable work around for now... I'll give it a try, thanks.

• Let me correct my statement,hope it will satisfy

"This is not a problem that occur on the Airtime side,but on the liquidsoap side"
    "We therefore need to have this resolved with liquidsoap for upcoming versions"

This is what I meant.

I am from the development side of computing,not the user side.I cannot look at things from the perspective of what is wrong but my perspective is how to solve a problem.

I know the expectation gap between the user and developer is wide.

No developer can give guarantee of 100% accuracy of software not even a multi-billion company (the new phones release recently have a big bug with password and security ,I am told,thought the specific upgrades were for that)

This is what the forums are for,that like mind,you and me,can come together and work out the kinks even contribute to improving the code.

Thanks for Your Understanding

V.I.O.S.S.E.S
    Can You Hear Me Now

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Let me correct my statement,hope it will satisfy

"This is not a problem that occur on the Airtime side,but on the liquidsoap side"
    "We therefore need to have this resolved with liquidsoap for upcoming versions"

This is what I meant.

I am from the development side of computing,not the user side.I cannot look at things from the perspective of what is wrong but my perspective is how to solve a problem.

I know the expectation gap between the user and developer is wide.

No developer can give guarantee of 100% accuracy of software not even a multi-billion company (the new phones release recently have a big bug with password and security ,I am told,thought the specific upgrades were for that)

This is what the forums are for,that like mind,you and me,can come together and work out the kinks even contribute to improving the code.

Thanks for Your Understanding

V.I.O.S.S.E.S
    Can You Hear Me Now

That's great, thanks for clarifying. I just wanted to make a clear discussion thread to keep track of any progress on this issue. Aside from being an important feature for my station's usage, I think radios will be grabbing more and more content from external sources as opposed to the standard internal library construct.
  • The solution currently is to capture the stream (using vlc,ffmpeg,relaying etc.) and then restream it

I'm trying to get the temporary fix you mentioned above to work... So far, BUTT is the only software I've been able to connect directly to Airtime. But BUTT can only listen to the PC's audio devices. I'd prefer to use VLC which looks like it can tune into a Shoutcast URL and stream it to Airtime on the fly. Alas, when I try, VLC fails to connect and generates errors. Do you have a working config I can copy?

::
    :: Console

[0000000003c839d0] oldrc interface: VLC media player - 2.1.0 Rincewind
    [0000000003c839d0] oldrc interface: Copyright c 1996-2013 the VideoLAN team
    [0000000003c839d0] oldrc interface:
    Warning: if you cannot access the GUI anymore, open a command-line window, go to
     the directory where you installed VLC and run "vlc -I qt"

Remote control interface initialized. Type `help' for help.
    [00000000026377b0] access_output_shout access out error: failed to initialize sh
    out streaming to 192.168.1.161:18003//m
    [00000000026376b0] stream_out_standard stream out error: no suitable sout access
     module for `shout/ogg://src@192.168.1.161:18003/m'
    [00000000026375b0] main stream output error: stream chain failed for `transcode{
    vcodec=none,acodec=vorb,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:std{access=shout,mux
    =ogg,dst=src@192.168.1.161:18003/m}'
    [0000000003ccdb60] [Media: Sky.FM] main input error: cannot start stream output
    instance, aborting

... ok ... I managed to get this running with WinAmp & EdCast. Really is a messy work-around.

Post edited by Thomas Hackett at 2013-09-26 19:35:49
  • Do This instead,if you not 100% sure with vlc as recommended by @Mark Lastname in this post http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/26472#Comment_26472

Actually I found the solution, and a better way to do this. So! Let's get started.
    In /etc/icecast2/icecast.xml add a relay:
    <relay>
        <server>stream1.fralnet.com</server>
        <port>8000</port>
        <mount>/</mount>
        <local-mount>/nagradio</local-mount>
        <on-demand>1</on-demand>
        <relay-shoutcast-metadata>1</relay-shoutcast-metadata>
    </relay>
    If you want to hide your relay from the list on your icecast2 page, add:
    <mount>
            <mount-name>/nagradio</mount-name>
            <hidden>1</hidden>
    </mount>
    Now, add this mountpoint in Airtime. Simply add http://127.0.0.1:8000/nagradio as a stream

• Not all stations will allow you to relay this way, but I can give it a try for the one I'm interested in. Relay via ShoutCast/IceCast is probably better than restreaming from a client.
  • Do This instead,if you not 100% sure with vlc as recommended by @Mark Lastname in this post http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/26472#Comment_26472

Actually I found the solution, and a better way to do this. So! Let's get started.
    In /etc/icecast2/icecast.xml add a relay:
    <relay>
        <server>stream1.fralnet.com</server>
        <port>8000</port>
        <mount>/</mount>
        <local-mount>/nagradio</local-mount>
        <on-demand>1</on-demand>
        <relay-shoutcast-metadata>1</relay-shoutcast-metadata>
    </relay>
    If you want to hide your relay from the list on your icecast2 page, add:
    <mount>
            <mount-name>/nagradio</mount-name>
            <hidden>1</hidden>
    </mount>
    Now, add this mountpoint in Airtime. Simply add http://127.0.0.1:8000/nagradio as a stream

I couldn't get this running with Icecast either, but my Shoutcast relay works.

Confirmed work-around:

RadioStation -> Shoutcast Relay (Client) -> Airtime -> Shoutcast Server -> Listener

I would have to make a Shoutcast Relay for every station I want to include in Airtime, so folks, this can really only be a temporary fix !