Airtime update: show and shine - come and join the team!
  • Hello everyone, 

Lots of things are happening here in Airtime land and we want to share some news with you: 

1. New forum managers

Since our community has been growing rapidly, we want to make sure that everyone still gets support and answers to their questions. So we decided to do two things: 

- we appointed forum managers: you probably all know AlbertFR and hoerich. Highly likely you have already met them in the forum, or at least have read a post by them. Both have been active in our forum for a long time and know Airtime inside out. 

AlbertFR and hoerich are going to join us in team meetings on a regular basis and discuss with us the roadmap for Airtime - if there is anything you need to be done, make sure you post it!

- support team joins the forum: our fabulous support team Lucile (Support Europe) and Josh (Support US) will be online in the forum from now on. If you have any questions about Airtime or all the other awesome products by Sourcefabric, please feel free to contact them. 

2. Our team has changed

You might have noticed that Martin hasn't been as active in the forum as he used to be. Martin has left the Airtime team recently and moved on to another project. He'll be still around in the forum, so we won't loose him entirely, he just won't be able to dedicate his attention full time to Airtime anymore. We all thank him for his great work, dedication and support he has given Airtime. Thank you Martin, we'll miss you!

The awesome Airtime team NaomiDenise and Cliff are going to continue their restless work on making Airtime the best broadcast software in the world - and you can all help! 

3. Show & Shine: Be a part of our team

A lot of you have changed/hacked/adjusted Airtime so it works better for your station - that is awesome! We now all invite you to show us your set ups, so we can learn from you. Post your story in the forum - we're looking forward to seeing your work! 

We're looking ahead into exciting times - we've got a lot of cool plans for Airtime (the work never ends) as a software and service but also for the community. So, say hello to our new/old team and stay tuned for the next updates. 

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me (lisa.lang@sourcefabric.org) or approach me and the team in the forum. 

Cheers, 
    Lisa. 

Airtime Lead
    Head of Products at Sourcefabric
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  • Great.

Congratulations to All new forums managers/moderators - hope to continue giving you all headaches and pick your brains =D> ~X(  LOL
    =))
    and to new team members a big warm welcome hug
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • It is very hard to find users' fixes and improvements in the forum. I have spent time fixing stuff that I later find some other user fixed months ago.

Could we have a new Forum section for Users Contributions where such fixes could live and easily be found?
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Thanks Voisses, more coming soon :) 
    Airtime Lead
    Head of Products at Sourcefabric
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    This is a good suggestion, John!

Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • I probably will have a much more advanced widget set (I already started and and released an upgrade) - it would be good to find it, and stuff like it, a home

• Be Brave! How about just making a new forum category 'User Contributions' for each of your products - it would only take 2 minutes and it doesn't seem very contraversial?

(For God so loved the world that he didn't send a commitee - Quaker saying)
    :-O
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2013-09-05 05:06:01
  • Such a shame Martin is leaving!  I had the impression he made a big contribution to the team.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    A new Airtime Forum Category called "Airtime Hacks" will be available soon.
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Cool