(Resolved) Airtime 2.4.0 hardware Audio output works fine but not 2.4.1, it kills stream
  • I just tried to move to 2.4.1 and notice that when the hardware audio out is enable it  kills the stream.

I notice that this was a problem  as per this post http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/14374/hardware-audio-output-does-not-work-ubuntu-server-12-04-selection-kills-streaming/p1 but this was suppose fixed as per this post http://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CC-4342

Can anyone confirm that their hardware output is working in 2.4.1.?

since the last month or so ,I use my Airtime like this

At my studio ( I syndicate to the main studio)

Airtime (audio out through a m-audio 2496) ==> mixer then the USb of the mixer ==> butt==> stream server (shoutcast & Icecast}

At the station we have

Airtime (audio out through a m-audio 1010) ==> mixer then the USb of
    the mixer ==> transmitter

Its important for me as I was planning to upgrade the main studio this weekend

V.O.I.S.S.E.S
    Can You hear me now

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-09-13 19:28:20
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Hardware Output works fine.

I notice that all Airtime 2.4.1 input source have to be fallible when you modify a script.

As I was testing a solution to have a live input,I did not make one of the harbour "mksafe"

I now resolved myself a live input is not necessary for me (unless its has like audio edit features),

for anyone looking for a solution

Just take the output from your airtime,pass to a mixer and then to your transmitter

you get cartwheel features as well and manual playout,just deselect schedule when you have a talk session

If you want to send it to a stream

take an output (or Usb) from your mixer and send to to any dsp/encoder,like winamp,butt,m3w,edcast,nicecast etc.
    then either to a remote server or make a mount point on your existing icecast and all set.

Want the duck(when your guest in the studio talk the music drop) features most big station has try this Setup it works with my 1222USB

V.O.I.S.S.E.S
    Can You hear me now

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.