Exporting Airtime Playlists...Is it possible?
  • Hi all, I've installed Airtime on a second server and have uploaded all the media to it, however, I would like to carry all the music playlists made in the original machine onto the new server. Is this possible, and if so how so. I spent hours creating those playlists.

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Very interesting! I would also like to know about possibilities...
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BartBart
    Just copy the table?
    Schelstraete Bart - http://www.contact-dance.com
  • I think most people are trying to modify the way external information are imported in databases.
    IMHO,this is not a correct suggestion as it can lead to corrupted database.

Most people forget to read the Administration aspect of the manual found here  http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-24-for-broadcasters/backing-up-the-server/

This is the suggested method of backing up and restoring your database.I hope moving forward you will pay keen attention to it
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

Most people forget to read the Administration aspect of the manual found here  http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-24-for-broadcasters/backing-up-the-server/

This is the suggested method of backing up and restoring your database.I hope moving forward you will pay keen attention to it

thanks for the hint with the manual, but a lot of us know the manual quiet well ;-)

backing up and restoring by this method
    sudo -u postgres pg_dumpall | gzip -c > airtime-backup.gz

does not backup and restore playlists!

we are not asking for an official solution, we just want to know of possibilities!
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • on my proprietary contact management software ,I see them use csv and excel on a mysql database.
    The only caveat is that they have a standard format which you must import it back in.

The method they use can apply to any external playlist but the formats must match the fields

On my hosting company they only allow you to import back databases created on that hosting

I wonder if method 1 was apply would it make airtime susceptible to injection resulting security issues? I do not know !
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.