Next Airtime Public Hangout: meet Liquidsoap, let's talk about video implementation
  • Hey everyone, 

our next Airtime hangout is scheduled for 8th August, 5pm Berlin time / 11am Toronto time. 
    This time we have invited Romain Beauxis from Liquidsoap and we want to talk about the possibility of implementing video to Airtime. 

Have you already experimented with this? Would you like to use it and how? Come and join us in the hangout - demo and present your forks and ideas so we can take that on board for the next release! 

Links for the hangout follow soon - watch this space ;) 

Best, 
    Lisa. 
    Post edited by Lisa Lang at 2013-07-29 10:04:51
    Airtime Lead
    Head of Products at Sourcefabric
  • 11 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BartBart
    great!
    Schelstraete Bart - http://www.contact-dance.com
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Really good
  • Brilliant,

video streaming is a live issue for us. But once you introduce video everything becomes exponentially more complicated. Not just from a technical point of view but in terms of accessing and creating enough interesting media for your audience. We would need a way to include occasional video streams without loosing our pure radio audience.

On thing that I think becomes very important when you introduce video is the player. if there was the possibility to alternate between an audio only stream and a video stream (and possibly stream the audio channel from video to an audio only audience) it would enable us to be dynamic in the range of material we share without being permanently locked into an either/or situation. But to be able to deliver this effectively we would need to also have a player that is capable of switching between audio only and video.  This then means we need to invest in updating our mobile apps so they are capable of switching. We would also need to maintain our directory listing with iTunes and Tunein etc. 
  • UPDATE: join us at the Google Air Hangout here if you want to participate in the conversation and demo your setup! For everyone who just wants to watch can join the live stream (we'll share the link on twitter shortly before we start)!
    Airtime Lead
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Although I think producing competitive Community-TV-Content is not as easy to produce and finance as Community-Radio-Content, I'm looking forward to the possibilities for implementing Video-Broadcasting in Airtime.

I'm sorry I'm on vacation atm, so I'm not able to demo our setup this time.
    But I'm looking forward to join the Hangout, maybe a little delayed.
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Sorry everyone - this is the new link for the hangout 
    Airtime Lead

• Join us at the live stream now: http://youtu.be/QsQE_hmJJl0

Post edited by Lisa Lang at 2013-08-08 11:19:33
    Airtime Lead
  • Thanks for having me on and answering my question, Lisa.

I'm looking forward to the next hangout!
    Hi Lisa, all,

would it be possible to also create a google calendar for those events?
    So that we can subscribe to the calendar and we get reminders? (so that I don't forget all the time :p)
    As also not everybody reads the forums every day, and it also helps with the different time zones.

cheers
    Schelstraete Bart - http://www.contact-dance.com
  • Hey Bart, 

good idea! I just update our Sourcefabric event calendar: XMLHTMLiCal 

See you next time in the hangout! 

Best, 
    Lisa.
    Post edited by Lisa Lang at 2013-08-10 16:21:20
    Airtime Lead
    tnx, I added it to my calendar! :)