Cant get Show Source to connect.
  • Hi Experts,

Once again - I´m back. Hopefully its the last time with those stupid questions from me. :)

I can connect with my Master Source without any problem, but cant simply figure out how to make Show source work.

I´m using BUTT and dont know which data to put in where.... Hope there´s a kind person in here, that can make me a guide for Dummies... :)

Picture 1: It´s the User Interface where I made a Dj Profile
    Picture 2: It´s the Stream Interface, where I have the Show-data (port number etc.)
    Picture 3: It´s the Add New Show Interface - Dont know what to put in here....
    Picture 4: It´s the BUTT Server Interface... Dont know what to put in here....

Anyone who can tell me what to type in all the places, to make this work?

Thx :)
  • 14 Comments sorted by
  • You have to set in butt the Mountpoint to "show" as you have set in Airtime.
  • I have tried that, but then it says Wrong Password when I try to connect in BUTT.

Therefor I would appreciate a full guide in what to write where... But thx Helmut :)
  • Hi Engell,
    Welcome to Airtime,the most outstanding  broadcast software ,you will use.
    I have attempted to make some useful tutorial to take you out of the water and on dry land where you have to get the towels and dry your sell off. - [ meaning to take you out difficulty]
    :)) -its summer why not have a laugh.

You will find my series intuitive,so pop over to this one  http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15713/basics-for-connecting-your-streaming-tools-buttmixxxetc-for-dummies-like-me

and you should be save.

Have no fear to start over just copy the values and you should be good.

One of the things I find is that people have problem with having the proper NAT on the LAN so they have problem with ports.

Put your stuff on a simple switch/router get it working then open it to the world

just some babble

but do as I said in that tutorial and lets rock and roll
    :-@
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-08-06 09:51:56
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Hi Voisses Tech :)

Thx for your reply, but guess I´m a even bigger Dummie than you - ´cause I´ve allready looked at it, and it didnt help me much. :(
    I´m probably dumb as a ..... don´t wanna say it out loud here, but you get the point...

• (It actually confused me more than it helped me)
  • Ok I modified it, and use some colour codes

I used
    1. Light purple for Airtime settings
    2. Green for master and
    3. Silver/grey for Dj settings

I also clarify how to setup dj settings

read it again

Mark down the mount points and ports I mention first.Then proceed.

I see you got the master ok,The Show is a little technical but with my clarification you might can proceed

Let me know what were your challenges,and what I missed.

I want to fix it so it as simple as open your eyes.

Ps.

if you ever met me then you would see that the a.... would beat me at even making one step.

:-)) :-)) =))
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-08-06 19:12:26
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Create a show in Your calendar

try using a custom dj first
    put the

username as source
    password  someotherthing

tick both custom dj and authenticated by airtime ( tick dj and selct the person)
    Save this

you should have created a Show mount point  and port already in Airtime stream settings from tutorial these are different from the master

Show mount point   djjamming
    Show port              8900

Now go to your stream clients and put all that settings and remember to save

try custom dj first then try authenticated user.

• I clarify it above for everyone else
    @engell

1. put source in the custom dj username
    2. put show as the mountpoint in Butt instead of n..........
    3. Make sure the password in customdj is k.......
    4. If you want different password for you as the user then do so
    5. For Icecast the default user is source so its not need when you make that selection
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-08-06 19:42:38
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Hi @Engell ,

are you confident with VoissesTech's advices or do you need further assistance?
    or maybe this helps you out http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/25614#Comment_25614
    I think I'll do a screencast about Input-Source the next days.

cheers, hoerich

Post edited by hoerich at 2013-08-07 03:22:42
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
    You cannot connect to Showsource via BUTT or edcast/riocast.
    Yet these clients are limitted to only use "source" as username.
    And because of this limitation, it's currently only possible to connect to a
    Showsource via m3w or Mixxx.

You need a client which is able to use a custom username.
    And in BUTT or edcast/riocast you cannot choose a custom username.

Mixxx is freeware and is able to transport ogg. http://www.mixxx.org
    m3w is also freeware but not able to transport ogg, just mp3. http://m3w.sourceforge.net/

The first screenshot shows following:

I created a show in @Engell 's Calendar,
    under "Live Stream Input" I checkmarked "Use Airtime Authentication" and
    under "Who" I chose an appropriate user.

The second screenshot shows:
    The configuration of Mixxx including the "Successfully Connected Message" in german in front and Airtime-Status-Page with connected Showsource in background:

Fill in the correct values in following fields of Mixxx:
    Type, Host, Username, Password, Mountpoint, Port, Bitrate, Format
    Any other field is optional!

The third screenshot shows:
    The according Input Stream Settings under Airtime's System => Streams (Show Source Port & Show Source Mountpoint)
    Post edited by hoerich at 2013-08-09 06:21:39

I clarify it above for everyone else
    @engell

1. put source in the custom dj username
    2. put show as the mountpoint in Butt instead of n..........
    3. Make sure the password in customdj is k.......
    4. If you want different password for you as the user then do so
    5. For Icecast the default user is source so its not need when you make that selection

and this is a workaround for BUTT/edcast/riocast

When creating a show, checkmark "Use Custom Authentication" and choose "source" as username and an individual password.
    Using the same password in BUTT/edcast/riocast you should be able to connect to Showsource too.
    Post edited by hoerich at 2013-08-09 06:41:31
  • Works perfect :)
    I guess I'll do a screencast about Showsource-Connections in the next days.

@Engell please prefix (Solved) to the Discussion-Title, thx
  • Before You Closed you might just wanna put http://vimeo.com/70186940 its taken from here http://www.sourcefabric.org/en/resources/screencasts/

Applicable as so to airtime opensource