Dynamic blocks
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BartBart
    Hi all,

I created a dynamic block which contains X mp3s.
    And then I scheduled this a a weekly (linked) show.
    Now I added an MP3, which matches in that dynamic block, but still it doesn't get added in the weekly show.

If this is a dynamic block, why isn't that added to the scheduled show?

actions I did:
      Dynamic block , containing a filter Album "test", which matches all files with album name "test" (he finds them all correctly)
      Then  this block was added to a weekly linked show, which shows the matched content.
      Later I added a MP3 with the tag 'test' as album
                  Show did not include this new mp3.
      I also removed a MP3 with that tag
                 Show did not remove that mp3,but gave an exclamation mark as the file is unavailable.

Schelstraete Bart - http://www.contact-dance.com
  • 22 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    normal
    you can't add mp3/ogg/etc into a linked show
    if you want add some files, show must don't be linked
    you can do that easily ;-)
    edit show, update it and it's done :D
    then a dynamic block is rather useless :|
    no, this restriction is only on linked shows
    stilll, a linked show iis just very interesting with 'dynamic' blocks, cause then you don't need to update the show all the time if you add a song/etc. don't you agree?

this is not the idea ;-)
    smart blocks linked are automatics shows
    they are generated and respects rules
    if you insert a new file, rules could be broken, this is not good

but you can ask for this "feature" here : http://dev.sourcefabric.org/
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    I'm with Bart! This feature would be very useful!

If I could add a SmartBlock to a Linked Show and Airtime would recheck possible files according filters X minutes before any linked show.

This would be awesome!
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • I agree. Also it would be awesome to do something like this:
    Make Dynamic Blocks like Rock (20 Minutes), Pop (20 Minutes), Advertisments (5 Min). Then make a playlist "My Show" with: News.mp3, Dynamic Block Rock, Jingle.mp3, Dynamic Block Advertisments, Jingle.mp3, Dynamic Block Pop.
    Or is this already possible with latest version?
    This is possible for single shows.
    but not with repeated content in linked shows.
  • Tried it and yes it works for single shows. If this could be done with linked shows and we could have a fallback playlist, we would have fully automation with airtime. I wouldn't need Sam Broadcaster anymore to do this. This would be great. :-)
    as said before ;-)
    propose this feature here : http://dev.sourcefabric.org/
  • After reading this I think I'm confused about the purpose of linked shows and how they work. Can someone explain?
    Hey Lisa,

Let's say you create a new Show repeated every friday 5-6PM and check the Link-Option.
    If you add some content to one of the shows, this content is also added to any of the repeats.
    So you only have to add the content once instead of weekly or daily.
    Yet this function is limited not to work with SmarBlocks. It works, but the content doesn't change from repeat to repeat.

cheers
    That's change if you use dynamic option :-)
  • Hi Albert. I thought Dynamic Blocks don't work in linked shows?
    I tried to add a Dynamic Block, but my browser "freezes".
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    "Freezes" happens when there are too many show instances need to be filled. We are aware about that problem and ticket is already submitted.
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
    Hi all,

This feature is actually a very big point for 'automation'.
    if this feature would work (like with other radio automation tools), people could just upload an mp3 and it would be played automatically in that block.
    Now you need to upload the mp3 and modify the programme schedule(s).
    For example:
     you are starting your hour with a commercial, dynamic block with tags 'commercial'.
     If the linked show also updates the dynamic blocks, you only need to upload the mp3 and (a few hours later) it gets played.
     Now you need to update EVERY program to include the new commercial.

With this feature:  1 minute work
     now, currently:      A LOT of work. 

• "Freezes" happens when there are too many show instances need to be filled. We are aware about that problem and ticket is already submitted.

I saw that,well I was concerned that when I used to program the shows per hour,It was like a headache but I did a work around ,which i became comfortable with.

Bart said:

Hi all,

This feature is actually a very big point for 'automation'.
    if this feature would work (like with other radio automation tools), people could just upload an mp3 and it would be played automatically in that block.
    Now you need to upload the mp3 and modify the programme schedule(s).
    For example:
     you are starting your hour with a commercial, dynamic block with tags 'commercial'.
     If the linked show also updates the dynamic blocks, you only need to upload the mp3 and (a few hours later) it gets played.
     Now you need to update EVERY program to include the new commercial.

With this feature:  1 minute work
     now, currently:      A LOT of work. 

I looked at Sams, Rivendell,and one other and saw that they kept the hourly etc. out of the regular playlist ,in fact when you create jingles sweepers etc.,they are like overlays in a separate directory.

I was creating blocks in Airtime and it just did not worked

I modify the script and now my news,voxpop,jingles and public announcements can run separate from the schedules.

I just upload via ftp and schedule nothing for that time TOH 15-20 minutes and BAM. ( am working on the cron script and a dropbox-like that upload automatically like Airtime import

try my script here and my only difficulty is getting the fades and transitions smoothly and tell me what you think    http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15650/airtime-2-4-and-backups-playlists-give-yours

How Airtime could implement this is a separate page like streams page,you select them and it stores in separate directories and run on a cron basis by a python script.(well I have the concept even if its muddle in my head)
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-07-17 20:31:06
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Thank you Cliff for clearifying that. So we just have to wait a little for fixing this. Then much people will be very happy with big step to fully automation. :-)
  • Hi hoerich thanks for the explanation. I think I had misread the initial question.
    damn, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too late for the hangout :(
    next hangout , next month :D