Join us to discuss the development of fallback playlists!
  • Hi everyone,

Come join us at our first public Airtime Google Hangout!

We will be discussing the development of fallback playlists.
    We'd like to hear how you have implemented this feature in your own installations and further discuss how we can add your solutions back into the Airtime repository.

WHEN:    Thursday July 18, 2013 at 11:00 AM EDT

See you there!

• 11 Comments sorted by
  • Hey everyone, 

since we had some many requests to join the hangout, we just decided to set up a Google Air hangout so people can follow the live stream (only people who demo are in the Google hangout). 

We're setting everything up atm - link to the hangout will follow shortly before we start. 

Looking forward to meet you all soon! 

Airtime Lead
    Head of Products at Sourcefabric
  • Albert FR said:

Hi @hoerich !

a webstream is more fallible than files
    I'm not sure that will be a good solution

But trying to convince me ;-)

I agree and it seem weird doing so on this basis
    If you want to push a stream for when airtime is down,just do it through icecast.The modification of the ls_script will run independent of Airtime  so  icecast mount would suffice

if you want to have Airtime involve then push it as master show or show.

A fall back stream only give another point of failure

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Sound wonderful,If I can make it,I will.

I implement a fall back using

1. Modification Ls_Script
    2. Icecast (on Airtime) to Icecast (standalone server)  to Listener
    3. Failover relay on streaming host

I would not mind discussing how number 1. above could be implemented in airtime easily

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Thats exactly to avoid this way ;-)
    that's for implementing an easy way for all
  • Update: if you want to present, demo and participate - please join this Google Air Hangout: 

If you just want to listen - please follow our twitter update for the link to the live stream. 

See you on the other side! 
    Airtime Lead
    Head of Products at Sourcefabric
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    For long gaps between Shows (when no show is scheduled)
    I would love to be able to fallback to a webstream and not only to folder-content.
    cheers!
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Hi @hoerich !

• Hello,
    You can watch the live stream of our Google Hangout here: 
  • I watch the hangout and basically,I gather that the silence was a part of the concept of airtime design(IMHO),but while this may be true for stations which have sign-off the air,this is not true for 24/7 stations.

I am glad for the urgency and prominence this have got and do look forward to the 2.4.1 changes and
    • the git hub suggestions for code contribution
    • The separate tick (select) for media files that decide which files go to failover
    • How wonderfully this would be if included as a 4 switch beside (Master,Show,Schedule,Manual)

On another point two other lead  broadcast allows for scripting for functions not included namely RML and PAL so although some suggestions that scripting is not part of the airtime,just maybe this should be considered.

I just hope the batteries was working in my hearing aid

Kudos to the Team
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-07-18 15:41:44
  • When you fix a bug with Pupo?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Albert FR said:

Hi @hoerich !

I know, but it would suit my current needs (which change randomly ;-) )

I hope for an enhanced Smart-Block-Feature, like discussed here http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15665/dynamic-blocks

If the Smart-Block-Function in a Linked Show would recognize new files after creating, linking & adding the smartblock, I would not be interested in a fallback anymore. So I hope for this!

We are an FM-Station and own a Hardware-Silence-Detector with Barix-Instreamer as Fallback and monitor the 24/7-Recording with Pira CZ Silence Detector to trigger e-mails to admin in case of errors.
    Post edited by hoerich at 2013-07-23 14:06:21
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.