Airtime Now Playing Widgets Not Showing
  • Hi, I've setup airtime on my server. What's interesting is that I can see the now playing widget on my webpage, but other's outside the network can't.
    My airtime conf url is set to www.mydomain.com/airtime/public.

Don't quite get it. Any help?

Dane
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • your  widget script might have the wrong sourceDomain

in the local network you  may have used the RFC1918 number(private IP),but you need you have outside and resolve it locally.

Do note that if you change the host name in your host file (eg. example.com) you may resolve it locally through netbois/dns but you need to have something from the outside point to the IP/domain name inside (usually through port forwarding)

Post your widget  for more help.
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-07-09 00:30:42
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • my source domain in the widget script is http://www.mydomain.com/airtime/public/

Any ideas on the right source domain
  • from what I see you have the files (css etc) locate in the directory /airtime/public
    and your domain is http://www.mydomain.com.

You therefore need to adjust the head tag script  in the html to point to that directory [ /airtime/public] and SourceDomain  is http://www.mydomain.com

My recommendation
    Read this about widgets 
    and chose a different directory  like /airtime/public/mywidgets to put your files so that you do not have problem with the airtime css files

then your head tag script url could be
    src="/mywidgets/.../...."

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-07-09 13:53:46
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • I tried that and still the same. I can see the now playing widget on my network but not outside. For the source domain, I have to put mydomain.com/airtime/public/ to see the widget.

Thanks