Smart Block logic and others
  • Hoping someone can enlighten me on the logic of Smart Blocks.
    When a Smart Block is created it shows the amount of assets that is available to be used based on the criteria set.  When it is applied to a Linked Show the shows populate with these assets.  If I were to add new assets to Airtime will these also be included in the already created Linked Shows, or would I have to remove all content from the upcoming shows and then re apply the Smart Block to get the new assets?

When an asset is scheduled and needs to be replaced, due to some issue, or deleted due to say no airing rights.  How can this be done?  I tried to delete a scheduled asset and was unable to do that due to a pop up indicating that it was scheduled.  How is this handled?

Is there a way to see where an asset is scheduled other than going through all of the shows created through the Smart Block?

Is there a way to add a voice over asset such as a Station ID, that is say 2 seconds in duration, such that it plays during the cross fade of two songs or even at the beginning of a song, just after the cross fade?
    Post edited by Reaz Baksh at 2013-06-19 19:37:31
  • 20 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    depending of your smart block (static or dynamic), if dynamic yes.
    inserting "jingle" (station ID)  is not available for the moment
    we hope to see it in a future version
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

Is there a way to see where an asset is scheduled other than going through all of the shows created through the Smart Block?

this would be awesome
    maybe this info could be included in the stats of a track when right-clicking.
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Albert, the Smart Blocks are dynamic but when I look at the Library and view these recently imported files I don't see them being scheduled.  So I'm wondering how/when they will be added to a schedule. If I removed all content and re-add then they will be scheduled.

For the jingles I saw somewhere that for now this has to be done directly via Liquidsoap.  Does anyone have instructions on this?

Hoerich, maybe this schedule view is a feature request.

Also any idea how to delete a file that is scheduled?  I have a few that needs removing.
    The SmartBlocks meet the criteria, when they are called in a show, the playlist is built according to these criteria, which does not guarantee anything in the appearance of new files...

• So for example, I scheduled a show that repeats and is Linked for the next two weeks every day.  I applied the Smart Block to the first instance of the Schedule.  When I look at the repeated shows for each day I see a list of content.  I then added 20 new files but when I view the scheduled shows again I cannot see the newly added assets.  If I deleted the contents from the 5th show and re-add the Smart Block to that and the following scheduled shows, it shows up.  I guess there should be a refresh option on each linked show.
    you're right if your smart block is static
    not dynamic
    normally the dynamic smart block is re-created at every call
    only your rules would be important here
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    Please pay attention to the dynamic smart block in linked show. Once the dynamic smart block is dragged into a linked show, it doesn't contain newly uploaded tracks any more. That's because linked show contents are copied from any one to every others. Hence we call it "link".
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
  • Sorry I should have mentioned that the Smart Blocks are dynamic not static.  You say it is re-created at every call.  When is this call made?  Is it at the beginning of the show or when I view content.
  • OK Cliff, I see.  So in a Linked show the Dynamic sort of becomes a static Smart Block?  Is there a way to have the linked shows have a refresh to regenerate the Smart Block repository or have each show regardless of linked or not have a refresh to regenerate the available contents?
    The simple workaround is to use repeat show instead of link show, but it means we need to add dynamic smart block one by one. 
  • OK, since you have all the answers :), how about deleting a asset that is scheduled and using Liquidsoap to add jingles at a regular interval
    That's a interesting idea but beyond my experiences :)
    for the moment you can't
  • Then adding the jingles should be a high priority feature request.
    as I said :

Denise Rigato explain that really well on this screencast ;-)
  • Thanks for this Albert.  It now makes sense.

For the jingles I saw the following on Liquidsoap http://savonet.sourceforge.net/doc-svn/complete_case.html hope this could be implemented soon.
  • For the jingles I saw on the Airtime site the following but this did not work: http://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CC-1925.

What works is just dropping the jingles in the play list.  The only problem I have is the replay gain which causes it to be very quiet.  So How can I manually modify the Replay Gain so that when Replay Gain is enabled it increases the level so it can be heard?  I assume I would have to set a lower value for the file so Replay gain would increase the level more.

I assume this is working since my jingle has a duration of 1.2 seconds and my default Fade IN is 2 seconds.
    You're right. Just change the value of the ReplayGain-Field.
    afaik the value stands for the correction of the "loudness".
    So if the value is -2.3 and you want it louder, change it to -6.0.
    Or just learning by burning!
  • @hoerich, I tried what you said but the loudness seems to go in the wrong direction.  I changed the Relay Gain to -16 from -8 but could not hear anything.  I raised it to -1 and did hear the jungle but it was still low.  Changed it to 0 and it was a slight higher.  The only solution now is to increase the level outside of Airtime, import and modify the gain to 0.  Now that brings up another problem.  How do I delete/replace it when it's in schedule?
    maybe I was mistaking - for +
    If you change a RG-Value from -16 to 0, you should definitely hear a big difference instead of a slight.

I'm not sure if the analysed ReplayGain-Value is only written into the db or also into the metadata-tag of the file itself.
    I try to test this on my sandbox this week. Also the delete/replace-thing.