PHP session files consuming the inodes
  • I report a possible problematic of airtime.
    By installing airtime on a fresh server, there are some parameters of php that I think should be considered in the installation script.
    On Ubuntu 12.04 The session php files are stored by default in the  /var/lib/php5 directory.
    For a reason that I have not yet figured out, in this folder you have created a large number of files with the result of consuming all the inodes the partition resulting in system crash.
    I was able to delete these files and the system now works.
    I suggest to manage some php.ini voice in future versions of airtime in particulary in [Session] part.
    These could go well?

session.save_path = "/ var / lib / php / session"
    To save the files to a folder where the files will only session

session.use_only_cookies = 1
    In part to prevent hijacking

session.gc_divisor = 1000
    session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440
    session.cache_expire = 180

In addition, it was suggested me to install mod_security for apache.

I have not yet figured out if the exaggerated number of files has been generated by an attack or by a poor use of bees to retrieve the information of the songs.

The things I have said may make sense?

[Message in Italian for the Italian who seek information on the net]
    Segnalo una possibile problematicità di airtime.
    Installando su una macchina nuova airtime, ci sono alcuni parametri di php che secondo me andrebbero presi in considerazione nello script di installazione.
    Su Ubuntu 12.04 I file si sessione di php si installano di default nella directory /var/lib/php5.
    Per un motivo che non ho ancora capito, dentro questa cartella si sono creati tantissimi file con il risultato di consumare tutti gli inode della partizione con conseguente blocco del sistema.
    Sono riuscito a cancellare questi file e il sistema è ripartito.
    Suggerisco nelle prossime versioni di airtime di gestire il file php.ini con dei valori per la parte [Session].
    Questi potrebbero andare bene?

session.save_path = "/var/lib/php/session"
    Per salvare in file in una cartella dove ci saranno solo i file sessione

session.use_only_cookies = 1
    Per prevenire in parte hijacking

session.gc_divisor = 1000
    session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440
    session.cache_expire = 180

Inoltre mi è stato suggerito di installare Mod_security per apache.

Non ho ancora capito se il numero esagerato di file è stato generato da un attacco o da un cattivo utilizzo delle api per recuperare le informazioni dei brani.

Le cose che ho detto possono avere senso?

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • On Debian and Ubuntu, the cron job at /etc/cron.d/php5 is supposed to take care of cleaning these session files every 30 minutes.

On my system, I don't see any session files older than an hour, indicating the cleanup is working as expected. 

Take a look to see if this cron job is running as expected on your system.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro