[SOLVED] Soundcard to Local Icecast to Master Source on Airtime
  • Hello,
    I have been trying to figure this out for quite some time and can't figure it out.
    Basically I am looking to use BUTT (http://butt.sourceforge.net/) to take a live input from a line in, and stream it on the same machine to the Master Source on Airtime. This will then be sent to an external Icecast server for public listening.

I would imagine that the setup for BUTT is the same as MIXXX but when I use port 8003 or 8004 it just doesn't connect.
    I am very new to Linux (installed it just so I can use Airtime) and would love any insight anyone can offer.

The purpose is so that I can stream a Live input source (DJs playing in a studio) via BUTT/Airtime during the day and then run scheduled shows full of music at night via Airtime.

Thanks!
    Post edited by Sam Carmex at 2013-05-19 17:52:38
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Hi Sam,
    watch out for the mount point!
    In BUTT you have to put a "Slash" in front of the mountpoint.
    f.e. "/mastersource" instead of just "mastersource" like in Mixxx.

1320 x 866 - 207K
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Thanks for your swift reply hoerich!
    Unfortunately after adding a slash I am still left with BUTT not connecting to anything.
    If possible can you screenshot your settings for Airtime and settings for BUTT so I can replicate?
    I have attached my settings for BUTT & Airtime - maybe that could shed some light on my issue.
    Thanks!
  • Alright I sorted it out.
    It helped to add the .ogg extension to the mountpoint in Airtime too. 
    I think my main issue was that I hadn't restarted since installing BUTT - after restarting I was able to get it working! I do have a unrelated question that I may or may not need to open a new thread for - please advise:

I am using the recording feature to record shows in Airtime, is there a way I can change the way Airtime names the files or how it stores them? Ideally I'd like to name the files in the format of "SHOW NAME - GENRE - DATE" and save them all into 1 folder, rather than the current "TIME - SHOW NAME - BITRATE" in date based folders. Even better if I can save to the metadata too...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    good to hear it works now!

Since it doesnt't work as I expected, I don't know much about the Show-Record-Topic.
    So I would suggest to open a new discussion and mark this one in the title as (Solved).
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.