Play webstream when no show is on air
  • Vote Up0Vote Down charoscharos
    Hi,

I've seen a few threads regarding automated playlists with liquidsoap when no show is aired , however I haven't seen anything for something simple as playing a webstream  when no show is on air (and of course stop the webstream and play the next available show, etc.) .  My aim is to play a shoutcast stream when there's no show . Any guidance towards this goal is greatly appreciated.
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    My goal is the same as yours!
    It only works on my sandbox yet, not in production.
    Read this http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/23686#Comment_23686

Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
    Thanks a lot! It works here(i386)! Maybe a strange bug with x64? Wish you good luck fixing it :)
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    good to hear!
    But if you execute Airtime System Status (sudo airtime-check-system),
    it will tell you that Liquidsoap is not running and something is wrong with your Airtime Installation.

Can you confirm that your Scheduled Shows, etc. are broadcasted as expected, although you receive this error message?

greetz, hoerich
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
    Yes, scheduled shows are broadcasted as expected! Airtime System Status gives no error right now, but I will test it again when it falls back to webstream again.

The only minor glitch is that because Airtime rushes to go offline between tracks changes, I hear for some milliseconds the webstream between song changes in scheduled shows! But this is an issue with Airtime , so your modification works as expected!