V2.3.1 Debian Stable - No segue in playlist
  • Hi.

Enjoying this software and its potential however its far from being reliable in a production environment.  I have spent the last 48 hours dealing with issues that have already been reported i.e

Now I have resolved most of the above for the time being I now do not have the ability to have a selected playlist mixed.  Each track plays one after the other with a silence gap and the NOW PLAYING screen shows NOTHING SCHEDULED between tracks in the playlist.

I am at the point where I rebuild the server and re-install but would like to understand why it has become broken...

Hardware is coping fine - 15% load from airtime-liquidsoap process - 1GB RAM and 2GHz processor - VM environment.

Please note that on MacOSX I can only drag and drop M4A audio files from iTunes - only MP3 files are shown as 'valid' in the OSX Finder when selecting files manually.

Happy to help in any way to make sure this fantastic piece of broadcast automation software just keeps on improving.

Best wishes,

Andy

• 13 Comments sorted by
  • This screen dump may help show - ignore the eclectic playlist used for pure testing...

• Now I have resolved most of the above for the time being I now do not have the ability to have a selected playlist mixed.  Each track plays one after the other with a silence gap and the NOW PLAYING screen shows NOTHING SCHEDULED between tracks in the playlist.

Can you elaborate on this? There is a silence gap between tracks? How long?
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Martin,

Just sounds like track 1 stops at the end of the track, brief pause (1sec perhaps), then track 2 starts.  No segue/mix/overlay which it was doing before.

Thanks,

Andy

• That's funny.  I have the exact same problem.  It just started a few days ago, or maybe a few weeks ago, but at the end of every song there is a 1 to 2 seconds of "Nothing Scheduled".  Within the preferences I have default fade set to 10 seconds.  I sort of now think when I set this to 10 seconds it may have started.  It was orignally set to 0.10.

By the way I'm on ver 2.3.1 and Debian Wheezy.

Post edited by Reaz Baksh at 2013-04-15 15:17:23
  • OK - not alone then.  Hopefully Martin can resolve this.  Our server is available to Airtime team should they wish to debug anything.  Not touched the installation since just incase someone wants info from it.  We wont use the server in production until its a little more reliable.  Something clearly has caused this effect as our server was mixing the tracks, all-be-it just a short segue, however now it doesn't.  I also note that some of the most recently uploaded/imported tracks do not have their meta data/track info shown correctly in the database....could it be that the database has got corrupted by something??

Thanks.

Andy

• Further update - I have just built a clean UBUNTU 12.04 LTS server and followed the full instruction set to build the server.

No errors - all looks fine.

I uploaded approx 400 tracks and setup some playlists, scheduled and listened.

Playlist works fine - broadcasts via the Icecast server - however the same issue with the playlist showing NOTHING SCHEDULED between tracks.  No tracks mixed - just playing back-to-back the same as the Debian installation.

Running 'top' when its is playing and streaming.

PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND           
    30013 pypo       5 -15 88240  16m 3808 S  9.6  0.4   2:24.05 airtime-liquids    
    25702 www-data  20   0 74872  33m  23m S  3.0  0.8   0:17.38 apache2            
    31057 postgres  20   0 52344 7904 5208 R  2.3  0.2   0:00.07 postgres           
    17030 www-data  20   0 70676  21m  15m S  2.0  0.5   0:48.37 apache2            
     3002 postgres  20   0 50332 7944 6988 S  0.3  0.2   0:14.61 postgres           

Would love to know what is wrong here.  I could see SILAN and REPLAYGAIN running during the file upload and importing.

Thanks.

Andy

• Ticket for this will be filed. Out if curiousity, everyone who is experiencing the problem is running Debian? Can you guys post the output of "dpkg -l | grep liq"
  • Present on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin) + AT/2.3.0
  • uname -a
    Linux GW1 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.39-2 x86_64 GNU/Linux

dpkg -l | grep liq
    ii  liguidsoap                            1.0.1+repack1-1.1                  all          control GUI for liquidsoap
    ii  liquidsoap                            1.0.1+repack1-1.1                  amd64        audio streaming language
    ii  liquidsoap-plugin-faad                1.0.1+repack1-1.1                  amd64        audio streaming language -- FAAD plugin
    ii  liquidsoap-plugin-flac                1.0.1+repack1-1.1                  amd64        audio streaming language -- FLAC plugin
    ii  liquidsoap-plugin-icecast             1.0.1+repack1-1.1                  amd64        audio streaming language -- Icecast plugin
    ii  liquidsoap-plugin-lame                1.0.1+repack1-1.1                  amd64        audio streaming language -- Lame plugin
    ii  liquidsoap-plugin-mad                 1.0.1+repack1-1.1                  amd64        audio streaming language -- Mad plugin
    ii  liquidsoap-plugin-ogg                 1.0.1+repack1-1.1                  amd64        audio streaming language -- Ogg plugin
    ii  liquidsoap-plugin-pulseaudio          1.0.1+repack1-1.1                  amd64        audio streaming language -- Pulseaudio plugin
    ii  liquidsoap-plugin-taglib              1.0.1+repack1-1.1                  amd64        audio streaming language -- Taglib plugin
    ii  liquidsoap-plugin-voaacenc            1.0.1+repack1-1.1                  amd64        audio streaming language -- Voaacenc plugin
    ii  liquidsoap-plugin-vorbis              1.0.1+repack1-1.1                  amd64        audio streaming language -- Vorbis plugin

• I beginning to believe this may be an issue with the older version of Liquidsoap. Please try compiling the latest Liquidsoap from scratch and see if it resolves the issues. Simple instructions are here:

• I'm assuming this instructions would also work with Debian?  If I found a deb package can I use that?
  • Upgraded Liquidsoap to ver 1.1.0 from the 1.0.1 and this did not work.  I got the debian deb file from: